- Choose By Brand
- F1 Nutrition
- Optimum Nutrition
- Rule 1
- Pro Matrix
- Victory Labs
- Body Ripped
- Bsc Body Science
- Aussie Bodies
- Giant Sports
- International Protein
- All Other Brands
- Recommended Brands
Gold Standart Whey Protein
Whey Protein is generally organised into 2 categories: WPI and WPC. Whey Protein Isolate (WPI): is very easy to digest which makes it available for absorption within fifteen minutes after consumption, and the ideal post-workout supplement. Whey Protein Concentrate (WPC): takes 2-4 hours to digest and absorb, making it an ideal meal replacement protein
Whey protein is described as a complete protein as it has all nine essential amino acids and contains a low level of lactose. It’s normally taken as a supplement to, in combination with resistance exercise; help promote lean tissue growth as well as support muscle protein synthesis.
Whey Protein Composition
Whey protein contains a mixture of the following:
- Bovine serum albumin
Whey protein is derived from milk and it is the most popular type of protein that’s used to make protein powders. Whether you’re an athlete, a fitness fan or just an ordinary person who’s looking to add an extra source of protein to your diet, whey protein powder is considered to be the best all-round choice.
If you’re looking to buy whey protein to get the very best results from your sports and fitness training, there are two kinds of whey protein to choose from – whey protein concentrate and whey protein isolate.
Whey protein powders can be made from either type, or a blend of both.
- Whey Protein Concentrate (WPC)
- This kind of whey protein contains small amounts of carbohydrates and fat. Powders with lower concentrates normally have 30% of protein and higher concentrates can contain up to 90% of protein.
- This is the best whey protein to choose if you’re looking for a cheap whey protein powder in Australia, as it’s more economical per gram of protein.
- It has a low lactose level that makes it suitable for most lactose-sensitive people.
- WPC takes 2-4 hours to digest and absorb, making it an ideal meal replacement protein.
- Whey Protein Isolate (WPI)
- Containing a much higher concentrate of protein (normally 90%), whey isolate is further processed until all traces of lactose and fat are removed, making it the purest form of protein.
- WPI is very easy to digest which makes it available for absorption within fifteen minutes after consumption. This makes it an ideal post-workout supplement.
- WPI normally tastes slightly better than WPC and its consistency is considerably thinner as it’s fat-free.
Health & Fitness Benefits of Taking Whey Protein
- Promotes fat loss and preserves muscle
- Increased endurance
- Suppresses cravings
- Promotes a strong immune system
- Lower cholesterol
- Increases size and strength
- Supports a healthy heart
- Reduces stress
- Contains anti-cancer properties
Whey Protein Powders From Mr Vitamins
If you’re looking for whey protein powder in Australia, we stock a wide selection of top quality powders from big name brands such as Nutralife, MuscleTech, Balance, USN, and Gold Standard whey protein from the Optimum Nutrition whey protein collection.
We also offer a selection of popular products from trusted names such as Pro Matrix, who are considered to be one of the best manufacturers of organic whey protein in Australia.
Tip: Check the label information on each of our products to determine what kind(s) of protein they contain.
Bsc Body Science