Post Workout / Recovery
Post workout formulas to help you recover faster, fuel your body, build more muscle and reduce muscle soreness.
Taking the right combination of nutrients during your workout as well as after your workout is essential to building a better, healthier body.
A post-work out supplement should be taken Immediately following your workout, within the first 45 minutes, is when it’s most effective to put back into your body what you just took out of it.
What happens after you have worked out:
- Your muscles have been torn due to the stress you’ve placed on them during your workout
- You have depleted stores of glycogen - what carbohydrates are stored in your muscles as
- Protein is breaking down within the muscle
Rehydration is essential along with electrolytes, BCAA, post work out carbs, post workout protein, magnesium and glutamine for recovery and repair. Luckily there are options that combine most of these essential nutrients in the one post workout formula. The best post workout supplement will contain a combination that can easily be mixed up into a post work out shake.
Ingredients to look for when choosing a post work out supplement:
Beta-alanine is essential for restoring your pH levels within the muscle. Working out leads to lactic acid build up. Beta-alanine helps raise carnosine levels which restores the correct levels and helps with lean muscle gains.
Creatine monohydrate is a rapidly absorbing form of creatine that is perfect for your post workout recovery. Helping to increase ATP production in your muscle cells, it gets that energy right back into your muscles to prevent further break down that is occurring following your workout.
Glutamine is key for adding fuel back to your muscles to help you repair them faster. It’s also anti-catabolic.
BCAAs, or branched chain amino acids, L-leucine, L-isoleucine, and L-valine, helps to build muscle protein. They are an essential part of your routine if you’re going to be working out. Studies have shown that adding these post workout amino acids gives better anabolic effects on your body than if you took them during a workout.
Your muscles have just exhausted themselves of their carbohydrate stores so you need to rapidly replenish your body with carbs.
Vitamin C is an antioxidant. Exercise and heavy lifting produces oxidisation and free radicals within the body. Antioxidants help to protect your immune system and protect yourself against free radicals.
Magnesium allows for faster muscle recovery and helps prevent muscle cramps, soreness and fatigue. Magnesium is also vital for cardiovascular health and promotes a good night’s sleep.
Items 1-12 of 135
- Weleda Arnica Massage Oil 100MLAU $23.95 As low as AU $23.32With this product, you earn 24 loyalty points.
- Cabot Health Glutamine Pure 175GAU $17.95 As low as AU $17.65With this product, you earn 18 loyalty points.Cabot Health Glutamine Pure 175G is the natural amino acid vital for healthy intestinal function. It is vital for healthy muscle function. It is necessary for protein synthesis in new muscle cells and is useful for fitness enthusiasts and body builders. Glutamine supports efficient brain function and has been called the “thinker’s amino acid”. View details