- Product Overview
- Readily absorbable zinc supplement
- To support antioxidant defences and immune, skin, cognitive, bone, eye and reproductive health
- Contains OptiChel™ZN, a highly bioavailable, organic form of zinc (zinc glycinate) that is more readily absorbed and better utilised by the body than many other forms of zinc.
- Contains essential nutrients for the healthy functioning of all body systems throughout life.
- Includes high doses of vitamin C and vitamin B6, which support many of zinc’s physiological functions.
- Male and female reproductive health.
- May be particularly beneficial for people susceptible to zinc deficiency, including athletes, vegetarians and vegans, older people, adolescents, children (over 6 years of age) and women who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Adult: Take ½-1 tablet once daily with food.
Child 6-12yrs: Take ½ tablet once daily with food.
Child under 6yrs: Take as professionally advised.
Each tablet contains:
Zinc glycinate (OptiChel™ZN)
equiv. to elemental zinc 50mg
164.5mg Ascorbic acid 500mg Sodium ascorbate
equiv. total ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) 1000mg
562mg Pyridoxine hydrochloride (Vitamin B6)
equiv. to pyridoxine 50mg
Zinc is required for the healthy functioning of all cells throughout the life span, but unfortunately, many people consume inadequate quantities of it in their diets, with vegetarians, vegans, older people, teens, athletes and pregnant and breastfeeding women being at particular risk of developing zinc deficiency.
Amongst many other roles, this important antioxidant nutrient and its cofactors vitamin C and vitamin B6 are required for:
Immune health: Zinc and vitamin C are intimately involved in the functioning of the immune system, and are required for the production and activity of many of the immune cells that help the body fend off and fight infections, including macrophages/monocytes, neutrophils, natural killer cells and lymphocytes (T-cells). Together, these nutrients support immune health, and may aid the management of upper respiratory tract infections such as colds, relieving their symptoms, reducing their severity and enabling faster recovery time.
Skin and connective tissue: Zinc and vitamin C are required for the production of collagen and connective tissue, and are essential for the maintenance, repair and healing of healthy skin, blood vessels, gums, tendons and ligaments. Fusion® Zinc Advanced may aid in the management of mild-to-moderate acne, dermatitis, eczema and promote the healing of minor wounds such as cuts, scratches, abrasions and burns. It may also improve the integrity of the gut wall and other mucous membranes and accelerate their healing.
Reproductive health: Zinc is heavily involved in the health and functioning of the male reproductive system, being essential for sperm formation, maturation and motility (mobility). It also supports normal testosterone levels and prostate health, and helps inhibit the enzyme 5-alpha reductase, which may assist in the management of medically diagnosed benign prostatic hypertrophy (BPH). Zinc is similarly essential for female reproductive health and the production and balance of female hormones.
Sensory and cognitive functioning: Zinc supports healthy vision, hearing, taste, appetite, smell, and cognition, and consequently promotes healthy ageing. In the eyes, it supports light adaptation, visual acuity (sharpness) and the health of the lens and macula, and deficiency may be associated with night blindness and reduced visual acuity. It may also improve the ability to perceive tastes and smells, aid age-related hearing loss, and alleviate tinnitus.
Maximum Quantity Allowed per customer: