- Product Overview
Cabot Health Magnesium Ultra Potent Powder Citrus 465 Grams is exceptionally potent combination of four major forms of magnesium in powder form, plus taurine and zinc for maximum absorption and efficient utilisation.
Magnesium Ultra Potent Powder Citrus flavour is a super strength formula containing 4 magnesium complexes for greater absorption and utilisation.
Factors increasing the need for a magnesium supplement:
- Low intake of fresh fruit and vegetables
- Older age
- Gastrointestinal inflammation or disease
- Type 2 diabetes
- Frequent exercise
- Alcohol dependence
- Muscle cramps and spasms
- Chronic constipation
- High blood pressure
- High stress or anxiety
- Reduced stress and anxiety: Magnesium helps to relax and calm the nervous system. Stress depletes magnesium stores in the body, making us more susceptible to stress, through a vicious cycle of stress and magnesium depletion. Added zinc which is required for the production of neurotransmitters (brain chemicals) which help to stabilize mood.
- Headache / migraine management: Several studies have reported that magnesium supplementation can help to relieve headaches or migraines by reducing blood vessel constriction and spasms in your head. Magnesium could be used to reduce the frequency and severity of headaches and migraines. Added selenium could help to decrease inflammation associated with headaches.
- Decreased muscle cramps: Electrolyte imbalance is often linked with muscle cramps or spasms. Out of all the electrolytes, magnesium is the most commonly deficient and is associated with muscular cramps, spasms and tightness. Many people experience relief from their cramps when supplementing with magnesium.
- Improved sleep: As magnesium helps to calm the nervous system, it is a great supplement to take before bed to help reduce stress and evoke relaxation. Stress is one of the most common causes of a poor night's sleep, so helping to reduce stress could be beneficial for a restful sleep. Added taurine also helps to calm the nervous system for a better sleep.
- Blood sugar stabilisation: Magnesium plays an important role in glucose metabolism. It assists with insulin release and glucose transport for energy use. It could be beneficial for those with insulin resistance or type 2 diabetes.
- Improved mood: Inadequate levels of magnesium in the body can reduce levels of serotonin - the happy hormone. Increasing magnesium levels could help to improve overall mood.
- Healthy bowel motions: As magnesium is a smooth muscle relaxant, it can be beneficial in cases of constipation. Magnesium could help to relax the bowel for easier passing.
- Normalising blood pressure: Magnesium can help to relax the walls of the arteries, allowing the blood to flow more freely. It also helps to reduce stress, which is a risk factor for high blood pressure. A number of studies have found a relationship between low levels of magnesium and high blood pressure.
- Improved energy: Magnesium plays a vital role in the energy production pathway. Depleted magnesium stores could contribute to symptoms of low energy.
- Bone strength: A large percentage of magnesium is stored in the bones and studies have found that magnesium deficiency is associated with decrease bone density and increased risk of fracture. Magnesium could help to maintain healthy bones.
- Adults: 1/4 -1 teaspoon daily, added to water or juice.
- Children: 1/4 teaspoon daily, added to water or juice.
Each level metric teaspoon (5g dose) contains:
Magnesium amino acid chelate (providing elemental magnesium 350mg)
Magnesium ascorbate (providing elemental magnesium 13mg)
Magnesium glycinate dihydrate (providing elemental magnesium 12.2mg)
Magnesium phosphate (providing elemental magnesium 24.8mg)
Total elemental magnesium
Zinc (as amino acid chelate)
Citrus flavour also contains malic acid, acacia, stevia, natural lemon flavour and natural lime flavour.
Cautions and contraindications:
- Patients should consult with their healthcare practitioner if symptoms persist.
- Excessive doses may have a laxative effect.
- Patients on some orthodox medications should use caution when supplementing with magnesium by taking the magnesium dose 2 hours before the medication.
- Some orthodox medications that may interact with magnesium include:
- Bisphosphonates such as alendronate (Fosamax), etidronate (Didronel), tiludronate (Skelid), and risedronate (Actonel).
- Quinolone antibiotics such as ciprofloxacin (Cipro), levofloxacin (Levaquin), ofloxacin (Ocuflox), moxifloxacin (Avelox), gatifloxacin (Tequin)
- Skeletal muscle relaxants including atracurium (Tracrium), cisatracurium (Nimbex), mivacurium (Mivacron), rapacuronium (Raplon), rocuronium (Esmeron), pancuronium (Pavulon), vecuronium (Norcuron).
- Patients on blood pressure medications such as calcium channel blockers should display caution when supplementing with magnesium by regular monitoring of blood pressure levels.
- Always read the label.
- Use only as directed.
- If symptoms persist consult your healthcare practitioner.
- Vitamin supplements should not replace a balanced diet.
465 gram powder
Maximum Quantity Allowed per customer:
- Customer Reviews