What are Herbal aphrodisiacs?Strictly speaking they are any plant material (flower, seed, root or leaf) that nourishes, sustains or elevates sexual desire or sensual pleasure.
How do they work?Like sexual desire itself, mysteriously, often in a myriad of complex ways. Increasing blood flow, toning, tightening and enhancing bodily functions and fluids. Many are tonics which over a period of time increase general health and stamina. They relieve anxiety and quieten the mind, helping the body to cast aside stress and ease freely into intimacy.
They are known to ...Increase blood flow, relax as well as stimulate the nervous system. Strengthen and tone the reproductive tract and other tissues, restore vitality and stamina, nourish the liver. Balance hormones, support the endocrine system, calm aniety. Stabalize ones mood. Lift energy, nourish the heart. Excite the olfactory senses. Up a man’s sperm count and female fertility. Calm digestion.
What causes Loss of Libido?Common culprits and causes are
- stress, depression, anxiety,
- pharmaceutical side effects,
- emotional disinterest,
- feelings of guilt and shame,
- medical conditions such as hormonal imbalance and low eostrogen which can occur in the latter half of the cycle of menopause.
- over work.
What can I take to improve Libido?for Him:
- Tribulus for energy and longevity, fertility
- Oats to relax and get one in the ‘ mood’
- Fenugreek as a relaxing and regulation herb
- Shatavari often called the herb for the woman with one hundred husbands
- Withania to relax and give energy
- Damiana for mood enhancing
- Macca powder can be used by both male and female for energy and to boost libido, especially great for those women going through menopause as it acts as natural hormone replacement therapy (HRT).
- Culinary delights to stimulate the senses
- Vanilla bean
- Nut meg
- Star anise
- Orange peel chocolate
Recipe for a ‘LOVE ‘ tea
- 1 part damiana
- 1 part Rose petals
- ½ part spearmint leaf
- ¼ each of cinnamon, licorice root, ginger root and white clove.
- Pour over hot water and steep can be consumed hot or cold.