- has no calories
- does not affect blood sugar levels and
- is safe for most diabetics or anyone with insulin resistance
The health benefits of using Stevia
- Lowers blood pressure This herb helps lower blood pressure in a few different ways. The first way is that it has a similar affect on the body as calcium channel blocker drugs that are prescribed for high blood pressure. Secondly it is a mild diuretic. Stevia increases the muscle contractions that pump the blood to the heart. This makes it easier for the heart to work. Stevia is also known as a vasodilator (helps open restricted veins).
- Weight loss Stevia can help you lose weight. Choosing Stevia as a natural sugar alternative will help you cut down on carbohydrate calories. It also has no affect on blood sugar levels. Sugar and other sweeteners cause blood sugar levels to spike, which can lead to weight gain.
- Increases glucose tolerance Less sugar in the body means less work for your pancreas and more stable blood sugar. Regulating blood sugar levels naturally can lead to an increase in overall health.
- Lowers uric acid levels Stevia has properties that help lower uric acid levels. Lowered levels are helpful to those who suffer from gout or urinary tract problems.
- Decreases heartburn Stevia reduces stomach acidity. Sugar is a known cause of heartburn due to its acid nature in the digestive tract. Stevia does not increase stomach acid and has components that help increase digestive and intestinal health.