Some common chemicals you may find in everyday makeup items include:
- Preservatives such as parabens and butylated compounds
- Synthetic fragrances
- Mineral oils such as isoparrafin
- Heavy metals such as lead
Natural MakeupSo what options are available? Below are my three favourite natural makeup brands:
- Ere Perez is an Australian owned company that use ingredients such as oils, plant extracts and minerals, blended with antioxidants which are gentle, highly effective and suit every skin type and skin tone. They have an extensive range including powder or liquid foundation, concealers, blush highlighters, eyeliners, mascara, eye shadow, lipstick and more. Each product has a unique ‘star ingredient’ to enhance the skins natural condition, e.g. ‘calendula powder foundation’ and ‘avocado waterproof mascara’.
- Eco Minerals is an Australian company, made in Byron Bay, which are 100% pure, natural, cruelty free and vegan. The minerals used in the foundations, bronzer and blush provide natural sun protection and a SPF of 24+. All products are lightweight, long-wearing, breathable and suited to all skin types including sensitive skin. They also supply mineral eye colour, brow powder, mascara and eyeliner.
- Eye of Horus is again, a Byron Bay company with a range of eye makeup based on formulas from the Ancient Egyptians with sacred ingredients such as organic moringa oil. The products are wax and oil based, paraben free, great for sensitive eyes, smudge and waterproof and not tested on animals. The range includes mascara, brow definers, eyeliners and eye shadows in a variety of shades and now a new range of lipsticks.
Bianca is a degree qualified Nutritionist whose mission is to promote, educate and support individuals live their healthiest life; focusing on simplicity and balance. Recommendations are individualised and based on evidence-based research which entails the use of ‘food as medicine’, dietary and lifestyle modifications and when appropriate, nutritional supplementation.
‘Transform your health through individulised nutrition’. Book an appointment