Cleansing for Spring is a simple, yet easy to follow 7 Day Program that will help blow the winter cobwebs away and set you up for a vibrant and healthy summer.
Getting Started with Cleansing for SpringWhat to eliminate:
- All pre-packaged and processed foods and beverages
- All types of sugars
- All types of grains, even gluten free grains, as these can clog your digestion and interrupt repair to your system
- All dairy products especially conventional cheeses, milk and yogurt
- Coffee and other caffeinated products
- Drink warm water with fresh lemon every morning before breakfast. This will help stimulate your liver and kidneys and will alkalise your body.
- Include herbal teas daily.
- Drink ample amounts of pure water but do not drown your digestive fire, drink when thirsty and before and after exercising
- Try eating mainly raw foods. Get creative and make your plate look like a rainbow.
- Make bone broths and stocks and drink throughout the day to help restore and replenish (see chicken soup recipe)
- Keep protein to a minimum for the first 2-4 days
- You may keep exercising but keep intensity to a minimum, go for brisk walks or practice yoga.
Activities to help your Cleansing for Spring process:
- Sweating (i.e saunas)
- Relaxing techniques such as meditation, knitting and art
- Dry skin brushing this will help stimulate your lymphatic system
The 7 Day Cleansing for Spring ProgramCheck out some great cleansing recipes ideas too!
Days 1 & 2
- Upon waking start the day with gentle exercises, twist the body to “ wring out” the organs and do some stretching.
- Have warm water with lemon, you can add fresh mint to help with digestion and wake up your body.
- For breakfast have a green smoothie, include foods such as kale, cucumber and celery.
- Carry on the day as normal with raw foods only.
- Include salads, juices and smoothies.
- For dinner have salads.
Days 3 & 4
- Stretch your body to start the day.
- Warm water with lemon in the morning followed by a smoothie.
- Have salad through out the day; include foods such as rocket, sprouts and fennel.
- For dinner have green soup and bone broths.
- Drink plenty of water and tea.
Days 5 & 6
- Start off the day as normal by stretching. Have a glass of lemon and water followed by a green smoothie.
- You can now start to introduce proteins such a meat and fish.
- For lunch have green soup or bone broths.
- Dinner should include a form of whole protein and raw vegetables.
- Start the day as usual.
- Continue including as many plant based foods as possible.
- During the day drink plenty of bone broths.
- You can include pieces of meat or fish with salads.