- Heart healthy
- Brain food
- Eye healthy
- Cancer preventative
What makes avocados so great?
- Avocados have over 60% monounsaturated fats. These fats help your heart stay healthy. They do this by lowering your ‘bad’ LDL cholesterol and helping raise your ‘good’ HDL cholesterol. This action helps prevent strokes and heart attacks that occur due to plaque blocked arteries. Monounsaturated fats increase your BMR (basal metabolic rate). A higher BMR means that you will burn more calories while at rest making it easier to maintain weight loss goals.
- Avocados also contain a high amount of Omega 3 fats. These fats are essential support for the entire cardiovascular system from reducing inflammation to regulating blood pressure and heart rate. Brains also get a boost from Omega-3 fats and when combined with avocados natural vitamin E they can even help prevent Alzheimer’s disease.
- Avocados are packed with vitamins A, B, C, E and K all essential for the body.
- Vitamin E not only helps keep your heart functioning but also keeps your skin and brain healthy too.
- Avocados contain the minerals: potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, copper, zinc and manganese.
- Potassium is necessary for heart health and an avocado has more potassium than a banana.
Super Antioxidants - Cartenoids, Glutathione, and Lutein
- Lutein helps protect eyes from free radical damage that contributes to vision loss and cataracts.
- Cartenoids are responsible for reducing inflammation that causes discomfort and disease, as well as fighting damage from free radials that come from environmental toxins and stress.
- Glutathione is an antioxidant that helps the other antioxidants do their job as well as helps fight cellular degeneration that causes aging. It is also responsible for keeping both the nervous system and the immune system strong.
- Surprise, avocados have fibre that help your digestive tract work well and keep you regular.