- Apples. Yes, an apple a day can keep the doctor away. Apples are rich in antioxidants, especially polyphenols and flavonoids that help fight inflammation, cancer and heart disease. Apples also have fiber that helps keep your digestive tract running smoothly and can even help lower your cholesterol.
- Chia seeds. Yes, the same ones grew on your Chia Pet. These seeds are a perfect protein that also has omega 3 fatty acids, antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and fiber. Chia seeds help prevent blood sugar spikes. These tiny seeds can help improve heart health, reduce insulin resistance, create strong bones, lower cholesterol and support your digestive tract.
- Raw Almonds. These nuts are a great source of protein, minerals, vitamins and fiber. Raw almonds have more health benefits than their roasted counterparts. These nuts contain Vitamin E, magnesium and potassium that help your heart stay healthy and lower your cholesterol. Eating almonds can also give you energy due to their copper, manganese and riboflavin content.
- Spirulina. This blue green algae is considered to be a super food. Spirulina contains protein, essential fatty acids, antioxidants, chlorophyll and b vitamins just to name a few. Spirulina comes in a powder form and can be added to smoothies or taken in a capsule. This super food can help your body detoxify, fight cancer, strengthen your immune system and balance your blood pressure.
- Garlic. Is great tasting way to prevent disease, lower cholesterol, reduce inflammation, treat bacterial/viral infections and help relax blood vessels and improve blood flow. Garlic is high in vitamin C, sulphuric compounds, allicin, B Vitamins, calcium, iron and zinc all beneficial for a healthy body.
- Raw Honey. This type of honey keeps all of its natural vitamins, mineral, antioxidants and enzymes that can be lost during heat pasteurisation process. Honey has B vitamins that help you stay energized along with a host of other essential minerals and antioxidants that help fight the free radicals that cause aging and disease. Honey has anti-bacterial & anti-fungal properties that help heal internal/external skin and digestive tract problems.
6 Superfoods That Could Save Your Life
- Featured | Mr Vitamins