- Keep well hydrated for healthy bowel function.
- Start the day with glass of warm water with lemon juice or apple cider vinegar. This helps to wake up the stomach in the morning and stimulate the production of digestive enzymes. If this does not suit your lifestyle than starting breakfast with a piece of fresh fruit is another alternative.
- Chew your food 20 to 30 times to start the process of breaking down food for easy digestion. In an article on Mindful Eating, we also discussed the benefits of being aware of what and how you eat.
- Include fibre such as fruit, vegetables and wholegrain foods in your diet. It is essential to maintain regular bowel habits.
- Avoid processed, packaged and artificial foods. As well as not providing us with the healthy nutrients we need, they also change the balance of our much needed micro-organisms that live in our Gut.
Naturopath Janne RamsayMr Vitamins Naturopath, Janne Ramsay is passionate about food and how you need to really get the most nutrition out of what you are putting in your mouth! If you are interested in how much nutrition you are getting out of your diet, Janne can provide you with a full dietary analysis…..
Jannealso runs regular workshops on Digestion
If you would like to learn more, join her as she takes you through an informative and fun presentation on the basics of healthy digestion.
Learn more about Naturopath Janne Ramsay here…
Digestion and Detox programs are also offered via Skype appointments