Vitamin E is important for proper functioning of many of the body's organs. It helps to maintain healthy skin, good vision, and correct functioning of the immune system.
Vitamin E is fat-soluble, with the body storing it in the liver and fat tissue when not being used. It is also an antioxidant that can help protect cells within the body by reducing free radical damage.
Researchers have investigated the use of a Vitamin E supplement as treatment for a variety of degenerative diseases, including:
- hardening of the arteries
- high blood pressure
- heart disease
Vitamin E may help people with higher environmental or lifestyle exposure to free radicals.
Free radicals are increased by:
- cigarette smoking
- exposure to air pollution
- high exposure to ultraviolet rays from sunlight
Vitamin E capsules are the easiest way of supplementing E. Vitamin E capsules for the skin can be taken internally or broken open and applied directly to the skin.
Many face and body creams will contain pure Vitamin E oil for healing scars and skin rejuvenation.
Dietary sources of Vitamin E include vegetable oils, nuts, green leafy vegetables, the fats of meat, poultry and fish and fortified cereals.
The naturally-occurring d-alpha-tocopherol is the most biologically active form. The best Vitamin E supplement should contain naturally sourced Vitamin E, preferably in a mixed tocopherol combination. Vitamin E dosage will range from 100iu to 1000iu.
People on blood thinning medicines such as warfarin and some cholesterol medicines need to be careful when supplementing Vitamin E.
Items 1-12 of 58
- Bioceuticals UltraClean EPA/DHA Plus 240CBIOCEUTICALSRequires Access Code
+54 PointsBioCeuticals is a practitioner-only brand. Only patients who have completed a consultation with us may have access to purchase BioCeuticals products on this site. UltraClean EPA/DHA Plus delivers a highly concentrated dose of omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids: 300mg of eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and 200mg of docosahexaenoic acid (DHA). View details
- 33%OFF RRPEthical Nutrients High Strength Natural Vitamin E 30CETHICAL NUTRIENTS$32.95 $21.95
- 9%OFF RRPNatural Life Bee Pollen Granules 250GNATURAL LIFE$22.00 $19.95
- 41%OFF RRPHerbs Of Gold Grape Seed Gold 120THERBS OF GOLD$79.95 $46.95
- Bioceuticals Ultra Potent-C 500GBIOCEUTICALSRequires Access Code
+58 PointsBioCeuticals is a practitioner-only brand. Only patients who have completed a consultation with us may have access to purchase BioCeuticals products on this site. Effervescent, High Dose Vitamin C High-dose vitamin C and nutrients powder, with a tasty orange flavour View details
- 26%OFF RRPEthical Nutrients Primrose, Fish Oil & Vitamin E 60CETHICAL NUTRIENTS$30.95 $22.95
- Bioceuticals Vitamin E Capsules 60CBIOCEUTICALSRequires Access Code
+30 PointsBioCeuticals is a practitioner-only brand. Only patients who have completed a consultation with us may have access to purchase BioCeuticals products on this site. A blend of potent tocotrienols and added tocopherols, providing all eight naturally occurring isomers of vitamin E in capsules. View details