Methyl Sulfonyl Methane (MSM) is the organic, biologically active form of sulphur appears in nature in all living organisms.
Sulphur is an element found in all body cells but most concentrated in the muscles, skin and bones. It is required for the proper assimilation of the sulphur containing amino acids methionine and cysteine. Sulphur is required in the formation of many proteins and enzymes. Unfortunately, MSM in foods is mostly lost during food processing, storage and cooking. Levels of sulphur in the body decline with age and deficiencies can contribute to dry flaky skin, dry brittle hair and flaky brittle nails.
Deficiencies in biological sulphur can result in less than optimal functioning of each cell, tissue and organ in the body. When sulphur levels are lacking due to ageing or poor diet, then dry flaky skin, dry brittle hair and flaky brittle nails can result.
MSM is also known as “nature’s beauty mineral”, because sulphur is necessary to produce collagen and keratin, helping keep the skin smooth and youthful.
MSM contributes to normal immune function and accelerates healing of tissue. MSM is also involved in various liver functions including detoxification processes, and the production of glutathione.
Supplementing with 100% pure crystalline MSM (methylsulfonylmethane) may improve joint cartilage function and reduce of inflammation. Often a natural arthritis formula will combine glucosamine, chondroitin, msm, and anti-inflammatory herbs in the one tablet for maximum therapeutic effect.
Benefits of taking an MSM supplement include-
- Health of connective tissue, muscles, ligaments and tendons.
- Reduction in muscle cramping and tension.
- Healthy appearance of skin, hair and nails.
- Normal immune function.
Taking MSM powder is very safe, but it is advised that you to start with a low dose and gradually build up to the recommended daily dose, as some people may experience headaches as the body begins to detoxify.
- Blackmores Paw Osteocare Joint Health Chews 300 GramsAU $28.40With this product, you earn 29 loyalty points.
- OxyMin MSM 1KGAU $69.95 As low as AU $66.65With this product, you earn 70 loyalty points.
- Ethical Nutrients Advanced Joint Protect And Repair Chocolate Flavour Oral Powder 150 GramsAU $27.95 As low as AU $27.65With this product, you earn 28 loyalty points.
- SuperFeast MSM 80GAU $16.95With this product, you earn 17 loyalty points.
- Cabot Health Collagen Food 200GAU $15.76With this product, you earn 16 loyalty points.Cabot Health Collagen Food 200G - The comprehensive combination of MSM, vitamin C, biotin, zinc and silica in an effective formulation that helps to fight against free radical damage and inflammation. Our formula helps to improve joint health and may increase the strength and integrity of hair, skin and nails. It is the ideal formulation to help fight against the signs of ageing and comes in a pleasant-tasting powder formula for maximal absorption. View details
- Nutralife Joint Formula + MSM (Lemon Flavoured) 500GAU $33.95 As low as AU $33.00With this product, you earn 34 loyalty points.
- OxyMin MSM 500GAU $35.95 As low as AU $33.00With this product, you earn 36 loyalty points.
- OxyMin MSM 200GAU $19.95 As low as AU $18.95With this product, you earn 20 loyalty points.
- Caruso's Exit Pain 120TAU $47.95 As low as AU $47.65With this product, you earn 48 loyalty points.Caruso's Exit Pain 120T have been formulated to help support joint health and function and reduce the symptoms associated with mild Osteoarthritis. These include joint pain, stiffness and swelling. It may also help to reduce some of the painful and uncomfortable symptoms associated with gout. View details
- Caruso's MSM Max 1500mg 120TAU $33.95 As low as AU $33.65With this product, you earn 34 loyalty points.MSM is a compound which plays an important role in building and maintaining healthy joint structure. Unfortunately with ageing, the joints lose vital components that maintain their strength and structure, supplementing with MSM helps maintain the integrity of our joints and addresses the painful and uncomfortable symptoms associated with arthritis. View details