From the beehive straight to your kitchen. Natural honeycomb is by far the purest way to eat honey in its rawest form.
Honeybees produce honeycomb in their hives. Composed of beeswax, the structure of honeycomb consists of hexagon-shaped cells used to store honey. The wax that makes up honeycomb contains long-chain fatty acids, along with long-chain alcohols, or esters. The honey stored within the honeycomb is the purest, rawest form of honey, and the wax the honeycomb is made of has nutritional value and health benefits.
Health benefits of raw honeycomb seem to be due to the fatty alcohols found in the wax. These wax alcohols seem to have a positive effect on cholesterol and glucose metabolism. The wax alcohols also appear to have antioxidant effects that help protect your liver.
Honeycomb can significantly lower bad cholesterol and raise good cholesterol, according to a review published in the March 2004 issue of the journal Experimental Biology and Medicine. In humans, clinical data in one study showed honeycomb fatty acids and alcohols lowered low-density lipoprotein by 21 to 29 percent.
It appears that the waxy alcohols found in honeycomb promote healthy glucose metabolism. In the fatty liver study, the waxy alcohols in honeycomb significantly reduced insulin levels and markers for insulin resistance in participants. Insulin resistance can lead to type-2 diabetes and other problems.
It must be remembered that more isn’t better. Honeycomb honey and wax should be taken in moderation.
Where to buy honeycomb?
Mr vitamins has a variety of beautifully packaged honeycomb for sale. You can buy honeycomb online or visit one of our stores. Boxed honeycomb makes a great gift.
- Natural Life Honey Comb 400GAU $17.95With this product, you earn 18 loyalty points.DUE TO STATE LAWS, THIS PRODUCT WILL NOT BE SHIPPED TO CUSTOMERS IN WESTERN AUSTRALIA. Delicious, sweet Australian Honeycomb More active nutrients than commercial honey 100% pure, no chemicals, no additives Great for digestive and gut health too Active antibacterial and antimocrobial agents View details
- Spring Leaf Eucalyptus Honeycomb 200GAU $14.95 As low as AU $14.35With this product, you earn 15 loyalty points.
- Spring Leaf Premium Organic Honey Comb 350GAU $24.95 As low as AU $24.32With this product, you earn 25 loyalty points.
- Spring Leaf Eucalyptus Honeycomb 400GAU $18.95With this product, you earn 19 loyalty points.
- Australian By Nature Honeycomb Box - Fresh CutAU $17.95With this product, you earn 18 loyalty points.Out of stockDUE TO STATE LAWS, THIS PRODUCT WILL NOT BE SHIPPED TO CUSTOMERS IN WESTERN AUSTRALIA. A pure Australian, all natural Honey Comb, cut straight from the hive. Similarly to our floral honey range, HoneyComb contains many nutrients, which are beneficial to overall health and wellbeing. Honey Comb is a delicious and nutrient–rich snack and great addition to your favourite recipes, teas and smoothies. View details