Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
Lecithin 13 products
Lecithin is a phospholipid – a natural fat, found in wheat germ, soy beans, peanuts, sunflower seeds and eggs. The word lecithin comes from the Greek term for ‘egg yolk’. Lecithin is a major component of cell membranes and is found in every cell in the human body.
Taking a lecithin supplement daily may assist to maintain normal cholesterol levels in healthy individuals. Lecithin assists the breakdown and distribution of fats in the digestive system and supports vital organs including the brain and liver.
Lecithin’s weight loss benefits may be due to its improvement in liver function and its positive effects on cholesterol.
Benefits of lecithin include
- Lecithin assists to maintain healthy cell structures.
- It is vital for the health and composition of cell membranes.
- Lecithin assists the breakdown and distribution of fats in the digestive system.
- Lecithin is used to support healthy cholesterol levels. It may assist to maintain normal cholesterol level in healthy individuals.
- Lecithin may assist to maintain normal/healthy LDH: HDL cholesterol ratios
- Lecithin has a protective effect on the liver.
- Lecithin is a source of choline and inositol, supporting a healthy brain and nervous system.
Lecithin most commonly comes in the form of soy lecithin or wheatgerm derived lecithin. You can either take in the form of a lecithin capsule or soy lecithin granules which can be added to food such as cereal or smoothies for a delicious creamy texture.