All men should be aware and concerned about the health of their prostate gland. Although prostate disorders such as prostatitis, benign prostatic hyperplasia, and prostate cancer generally do not affect men until they are in their 40s or older, the time to help prevent prostate problems and support prostate health is now. There are many simple and protective measures that all men, regardless of their age can easily incorporate into their diet and lifestyle.
The prostate is a gland found only in men, where it sits in the groin, behind the base of the penis inside the body. The main function of the prostate is to produce one of the major fluids that make up semen.
The urethra, the tube which carries urine from the bladder to the penis, also runs through the prostate. The prostate connects to the urethra so that the fluid it makes can be mixed with the fluid from the testes and ejaculated.
Anything that causes swelling or enlargement to the prostate can affect a man’s ability to pass urine. Difficulty in passing urine is one of the most common signs that there may be a problem with the prostate.
The common symptoms of prostate disease are:
- difficulty in passing urine
- frequent urination
- waking at night to urinate
- pain or burning when passing urine
- pain when ejaculating.
Prostate enlargement and prostate cancer usually only affects men over the age of 50 and about half of men over this age will have some prostate enlargement. Prostatitis can affect men of any age
*If you have any of the symptoms, it’s important to see your health care professional
Did you know that adjusting your diet to include more fruit and vegetables containing antioxidants, polyphenols, vitamins and minerals and fibre, can significantly lower your risk of prostate disease?
Choose plant protein over animal protein. The World Health Organization has also noted that “diets high in red meat, dairy products, and animal fat have frequently been implicated in the development of prostate cancer”.
Eat healthy fats such as omega-3 rich foods: Found in certain fish. Omega 3 fats fight inflammation.
Drinking filtered water is essential for prostate health.
Maintain a healthy weight: Being overweight or obese is associated with a higher risk of prostate cancer, lower long-term survival rate, and more aggressive forms of the disease.
Exercise regularly and manage stress.
Prostate health supplements will often contain antioxidants vitamins, minerals and herbal medicines that may help to prevent benign prostatic hyperplasia (BHP) thereby reducing urinary symptoms.
Items 1-12 of 21
- Southernature Herbal Prostate Care 90CAU $89.95 As low as AU $84.65With this product, you earn 90 loyalty points.
- A.Vogel Prostasan Prostate Support Once A Day 30 CapsulesAU $31.95 As low as AU $31.65With this product, you earn 32 loyalty points.A.Vogel Prostasan Prostate Support Once A Day 30 Capsules - A traditional herbal medicinal product used for the relief of urinary symptoms arising from an enlarged prostate, in men with a confirmed diagnosis of Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy (BPH), exclusively based upon long-standing use as a traditional remedy. View details
- Trinovin 90TAU $54.95With this product, you earn 55 loyalty points.For men with prostate and age-related urinary concerns. Helps maintain normal prostate health and urinary function. May assist in the relief of symptoms of prostate enlargement (BPH) such as frequent urination, urination at night, broken stream or difficult in urination. View details
- Trinovin 30TAU $25.95 As low as AU $25.65With this product, you earn 26 loyalty points.For men with prostate and age-related urinary concerns. Helps maintain normal prostate health and urinary function. May assist in the relief of symptoms of prostate enlargement (BPH) such as frequent urination, urination at night, broken stream or difficult in urination. View details
- Balance Tribulus 20,000 180CAU $79.95With this product, you earn 80 loyalty points.Balance Tribulus 20,000 180C is a high potency herbal formula that supports the levels of testosterone, luteinizing hormone (LH) and dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA). Tribulus terrestris has traditionally been used in Eastern European folk medicine for aiding muscle strength, supporting sexual function and improving libido. View details
- Fusion Health Men's Balance 30CAU $21.95 As low as AU $20.98With this product, you earn 22 loyalty points.
- Fusion Health Men's Balance 60CAU $31.95 As low as AU $29.98With this product, you earn 32 loyalty points.
- Caruso's Prostate Eze Max 90CAU $82.95With this product, you earn 83 loyalty points.