The best defence against the common cold, influenza and infection is your immune system.
Your immune system is a complex network of organs, cells and processes that keeps you healthy by fighting off the microbes that cause illness.
Overall, your immune system does a remarkable job of defending you against disease-causing microorganisms. But sometimes your defences are down and a germ invades successfully and makes you sick. What if it were possible to intervene in this process and boost your immune system?
The most important thing you can do to keep your immune system strong is maintaining a healthy balanced lifestyle. This includes getting enough sleep and exercise, eating a nutritious diet and keeping stress levels under control. Easier said than done, right? Sometimes life takes over and our body requires a little more support and nourishment. For example, chronic stress will eventually lower immunity and deplete the adrenal glands of vitamin C, modern living and the demands of work and family can have us reach for processed food high in sugar, salt and unhealthy fats this may cause deficiencies in minerals such as zinc and selenium which are vital for proper immune response.
Antibiotic use can disrupt the guts natural balance of good bacteria which in-turn can have negative effects on our immunity. There are a variety of supplements to boost immune system function. Herbal medicines such as Echinacea, Olive leaf, Andrographis, elderberry can be taken at the first sign of a cold or flu. Immune bosting vitamins and minerals include Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Vitamin D, Zinc and selenium.
To give your immune system the upper-hand and ward off the cold this winter reach for natural immune boosters such as garlic, a broad-spectrum probiotic, mushroom combinations such as Reishi, Shitake, Cordyceps, and Trametes.
Items 49-60 of 386
- 28%OFF RRPNature's Own Garlic + C, Horseradish 200TNATURES OWNAU$45.95 AU$32.95
You'll Earn 33 pointsThis high potency product combines the soothing, anti-inflammatory and mucus reducing properties of four important herbs, well known for their therapeutic values. Vitamin C is included for its contributing benefits for maintaining body resistance to colds, allergies, hayfever, mild respiratory ailments and infections. View details
- 25%OFF RRPMelrose Vitamin C Plus Bioflavonoids Oral Powder (Orange) 100GMelroseAU$19.95 AU$14.95
You'll Earn 15 points
- 25%OFF RRPMelrose Vitamin C Sodium Ascorbate Oral Powder 125GMelroseAU$19.95 AU$14.95
You'll Earn 15 points
- 23%OFF RRPNature's Way Kids Smart Vita Gummies Cold & Flu, Immunity 60PNATURES WAYAU$14.95 AU$11.45
You'll Earn 12 points
- 33%OFF RRPFusion Health Zinc Advanced With Vitamins C 1000mg 30TFUSION HEALTHAU$20.95 AU$13.95
You'll Earn 14 points
- 26%OFF RRPEthical Nutrients Lysine Viral Cold Sore Defence 60TETHICAL NUTRIENTSAU$37.95 AU$27.95
You'll Earn 28 points
- 40%OFF RRPHealthy Essentials Probiotic 10 - 35+ Billion 60VCHEALTHY ESSENTIALSAU$48.20 AU$28.95
You'll Earn 29 points
- 42%OFF RRPHealthy Essentials Probiotic 10 - 35+ Billion 30VCHEALTHY ESSENTIALSAU$29.35 AU$16.95
You'll Earn 17 points
- 40%OFF RRPFusion Health Astra 8 Immune Tonic 60TFUSION HEALTHAU$44.95 AU$26.95
You'll Earn 27 points
- 41%OFF RRPFusion Health Astra 8 Immune Tonic 100MLFUSION HEALTHAU$33.95 AU$19.95
You'll Earn 20 points