Garlic is a bulb of the species Allium and closely related to other bulbs like onion, leek and chive. It is one of the most important culinary herbs there is, not just for taste but for its powerful health promoting effects on the body.
Garlic contains over 100 compounds that are useful for maintaining good health. Garlic is a good source of vitamins B1, B5, B6 and C, as well as mineral calcium, iron, manganese, phosphorous and zinc.
Garlic’s beneficial actions involve a molecule called alliin. When garlic is either chewed, sliced, or crushed, it releases the metabolite called allicin. Allicin then converts into fat and water-soluble sulphur-containing compounds. These volatile compounds give off hydrogen sulphide, which is part of garlic’s pungent smell and taste
Garlic is used as a preventative and treatment for a multitude of conditions, many of them related to the cardiovascular system and the immune system. Garlic is known for its powerful antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties and can even ward off antibiotic-resistant superbugs.
Garlic reduces inflammation, boosts immune function, improves heart health, and is used in cancer prevention.
Garlic may be used to treat hardening of the arteries and helps to reduce high blood pressure. Levels of cholesterol and triglycerides in the blood are also reduced by consumption of garlic.
Regular consumption of raw or aged garlic can reduces total cholesterol and Low-density Lipoprotein (LDL-C), while increasing High-density Lipoprotein (HDL-C).
Garlic can be taken in a variety of forms: Garlic pills, garlic tablets, garlic capsules or fresh/raw garlic, aged garlic and as garlic oil. The best garlic supplement should contain allicin, since allicin is responsible for many of garlic’s beneficial effects
Garlic increases the risk of bleeding and may lead to prolonged bleeding after surgery. It is advised that you stop taking garlic supplements about 2 weeks prior to a scheduled operation.
Taking too much garlic can lead to stomach upset, vomiting and diarrhoea.
Garlic may interact with some forms of medications, increasing or decreasing their intended effects or side effects.
Items 1-12 of 17
- 60%OFF RRPNutralife Kyolic Aged Garlic Extract 90CNUTRALIFEAU$44.99 AU$17.95
You'll Earn 18 points
- 50%OFF RRPCaruso's Aged Garlic One A Day 60TCARUSOS NATURAL HEALAU$29.95 AU$14.95
You'll Earn 15 pointsCaruso's Aged Garlic One A Day 60 Tablets is a black coloured garlic with low odour and provides with its numerous health promoting benefits. It may help to maintain healthy cholesterol levels in healthy people, while also assisting in the management of healthy blood pressure. It may help support and strengthen the immune system. View details
- 50%OFF RRPNature's Own Garlic + C, Horseradish 200TNATURES OWNAU$45.95 AU$22.95
You'll Earn 23 pointsThis high potency product combines the soothing, anti-inflammatory and mucus reducing properties of four important herbs, well known for their therapeutic values. Vitamin C is included for its contributing benefits for maintaining body resistance to colds, allergies, hayfever, mild respiratory ailments and infections. View details
- 50%OFF RRPNature's Own Triple Strength Garlic + C, Horseradish 60TNATURES OWNAU$19.95 AU$9.95
You'll Earn 10 points
- 50%OFF RRPNutralife Kyolic Aged Garlic Extract 60CNUTRALIFEAU$33.99 AU$16.97
You'll Earn 17 points
- 50%OFF RRPNature's Own Triple Strength Garlic + C, Horseradish 150TNATURES OWNAU$39.95 AU$19.95
You'll Earn 20 points
- 50%OFF RRPNutralife Triple Strength Garlic + C, Horseradish & Histadine 50CNUTRALIFEAU$23.99 AU$11.97
You'll Earn 12 points
- 50%OFF RRPBlackmores Super Strength Horseradish, Garlic + C 50TBLACKMORESAU$20.49 AU$10.22
You'll Earn 11 points
- 50%OFF RRPBlackmores Super Strength Horseradish, Garlic + C 90TBLACKMORESAU$31.79 AU$15.87
You'll Earn 16 points
- 50%OFF RRPNature's Way Garlic + C & Horseradish 200TNATURES WAYAU$19.95 AU$9.95
You'll Earn 10 pointsNature's Way Garlic + C & Horseradish may help to support a healthy immune system and relieve the symptoms of cold and flu and sinus and hayfever. This formula contains a blend of horseradish, garlic, fenugreek, marshmallow and vitamin C which may assist in clearing congestion and opening up nasal passages. View details
- 50%OFF RRP