Cabot Health Thyroid Health 60C
Cabot Health Thyroid Health 60C contain a comprehensive combination of the key nutrients that are required for healthy thyroid function. The thyroid is a vitally important organ responsible for regulating metabolism, growth and development, body temperature and heart rate. The thyroid controls the rate at which food calories are burned. Maintaining a healthy thyroid gland could assist in weight maintenance and energy production.
Factors increasing the need for these nutrients:
Unfortunately, it can be difficult to obtain an adequate amount of these nutrients from the diet alone. This is due to the depletion of minerals in the soil, processing and mass production of foods and poor absorption of vitamins and minerals due to intestinal inflammation.
- Contains selenium: The thyroid gland holds more selenium than any other organ in the body. Selenium is used to produce selenoproteins - antioxidant enzymes that are needed for adequate thyroid function. It is required for the production of thyroid hormones and the conversion of the inactive thyroid hormone (T4) into its active form (T3) to be utilised in the body. It is interesting to note that the T3 hormone is 10 times more active than T4.
- Contains iodine: This important mineral is required for the production of T3 and T4 thyroid hormones. A deficiency of iodine may inhibit the production of these thyroid hormones and could affect thyroid function. Fucus vesiculosus, a type of kelp, has been used in our Thyroid Health capsules to provide a natural source of iodine.
- Contains vitamin D3: Vitamin D plays a significant role in regulating and strengthening the immune system. Deficiencies of vitamin D are associated with an increased risk of autoimmune disorders. This nutrient works well with parathyroid hormones to help support healthy blood calcium levels and strong bones.
- Contains zinc: This mineral also plays an important role in supporting healthy thyroid function. Zinc is also essential for supporting the immune system and the nervous system. Epidemiological studies suggest an association between zinc deficiency and the presence of a goitre.
Adults: 1 capsule daily, with food or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
Herbal extract equivalent to dry:
Fucus Vesiculosus whole plant (kelp) 533mg
(providing 160mcg iodine)
Selenium (as selenomethionine) 100mcg
Cholecalciferol (vitamin D3) 1000IU
Zinc (as sulfate) 5mg
Cautions and contraindications:
This product contains selenium which is toxic in high doses. A recommended daily dose of 150mcg of selenium daily should not be exceeded.
Not to be used in those with an overactive thyroid gland, unless urinary iodine levels are checked and the patient's healthcare practitioner recommends iodine supplementation.
- Cabot Health Breast Health Capsules 60CHEALTH DIRECTIONSAU$23.95AU$21.958%OFF RRP
- Cabot Health Calcium Complete 120THEALTH DIRECTIONSAU$23.95AU$21.958%OFF RRP
- Cabot Health Selenium Ultra Potent 60VCHEALTH DIRECTIONSAU$23.95AU$21.958%OFF RRP
- Cabot Health Magnesium Ultra Potent Powder Citrus 200GHEALTH DIRECTIONSAU$23.95AU$21.958%OFF RRP
- Cabot Health Tyrosine Pure Mood Food 75GHEALTH DIRECTIONSAU$23.95AU$21.958%OFF RRP