Following extensive research it has been shown that Curcumin be beneficial in preventing and treating numerous chronic diseases, and may help people with weight loss.
Does Curcumin Boost Weight Loss?
Research by the European Journal of Nutrition suggests that Curcumin may be useful for the treatment and prevention of obesity-related chronic diseases. It appears that Curcumin can reverse insulin resistance, hyperglycemia, hyperlipidemia, and other inflammatory symptoms associated with obesity and metabolic disorders.
Curcumin has potent anti-inflammatory properties. Chronic inflammation is the hallmark of most chronic disease, including diabetes, arthritis, and heart disease. Obesity contributes to a constant state of low-grade, chronic inflammation in your body that can trigger metabolic disorders such as Insulin Resistance and Type 2 Diabetes.
Research has shown that Curcumin reduces the formation of fatty tissue by suppressing the blood vessels needed to form it.
Not just Weight Loss but so much more!
Curcumin influences over 700 genes, and inhibits both the activity and synthesis of the enzymes that have been implicated in inflammation.
There is more scientific evidence to support Curcumin’s use against Cancer than any other single nutrient. Here are some of its actions:
- Inhibits the proliferation of tumor cells
- Inhibits the transformation of normal cells into tumor cells
- Helps your body destroy mutated cancer cells so they cannot spread throughout your body
- Decreases inflammation
- Inhibits the synthesis of a protein instrumental in tumor formation
- Helps prevent the development of the additional blood supply necessary for cancer cell growth
Beyond cancer, Curcumin’s effects appear to extend throughout your entire body, with benefits that include:
- Strengthening and improving your digestion
- Supporting healthy liver function and detoxification
- Purifying your blood
- Fighting arthritis and Alzheimer’s Disease
- Anti-inflammatory properties
You can use Turmeric in your cooking (but do use it as an individual spice and not just as part of curry powder, which contains little Curcumin).
Curcumin is also available as a convenient and potent therapeutic supplement. Ask one of our qualified Naturopaths when you visit the Mr. Vitamins store. They will be happy to advise you on which one could be most beneficial to support your weight loss or health goals.