Are you looking for a sugar-free, vegan treat to make this Easter?
Look no further – we have the perfect, decadent Chocolate Easter cake made by Mr Vitamins Ambassador Jo Ross.
(Makes 1 round cake or 12 muffins)
1 & 3/4 cup self-raising flour (or 1 & 3/4 cups flour of choice)
1 cup granulated sweetener (xylitol, coconut sugar, raw sugar)
1/3 cup cacao (or cocoa) powder
1 tsp baking powder* (only if using plain flour)
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp instant coffee (optional to bring out choc flavour)
120g apple purée
220ml unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 tsp vanilla extract
60g dark choc (chips or roughly chopped)
- Preheat oven to 190c.
- Mix dry ingredients together, mix wet.
- Mix wet into dry until just mixed.
- Stir through choc chips.
- Spoon into lined cake tin.
- Bake for 20mins or until a toothpick comes out clean.
125g vegan butter (room temp)
2 cups icing sugar (or xylitol/stevia icing)
1 tsp cacao or cocoa powder
1 Tbsp almond milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Beat butter with electric mixers, then slowly add the icing sugar, cacao, vanilla and milk as required.
Place in piping bag and pipe onto cooled cake.
Connect with Jo:
Website: Healthy Eating Jo