Choosing the right supplements can sometimes be confusing, time consuming and frustrating.
The range of vitamins and supplements on the market is enormous and it is often a challenge to know the difference between the high-quality brands and the lesser-quality brands.
It goes without saying that what you are looking for is the right vitamin solution that meets your individual needs at this point in time.
This is why a review of your current vitamin and supplement regime is essential.
Vitamin Reviews with Mr Vitamins Clinic Practitioners
You can now have a Vitamin Review with Mr Vitamins Clinic practitioners either in person or on-line via Skype. You can speak with qualified Naturopaths or Nutritionists who will give you the best advice for your specific needs.
Are you taking the right Supplements?
Sometimes it may be that you’re taking supplements that don’t suit you, and that can be for a number of reasons:
- You chose them yourself based on the recommendations of friends, TV ads or information you have sourced from the internet
- The supplements are not compatible with each other – meaning that they conflict and so you don’t get any benefit or in some cases the combination may be contra-indicated. This can be especially so if you are taking herbs
- Some of your supplements have some of the same ingredients so that you may be taking higher dosages than you need or duplicating ingredients
- You are not taking the supplement at the best time of day
- You don’t know whether to take your supplement with or without food
- The supplement you are taking is not the best for your needs – not strong enough or the wrong form of a vitamin e.g. one which is not well absorbed by your body
- The supplements may interfere with prescription medications you may be taking
What are the benefits of a Vitamin Review?
Here are just some of the advantages of a review with one of our qualified Naturopaths or Nutritionists:
- finding out what supplements are most specific for your needs
- eliminating supplements that you don’t need
- working out the best time of the day to take your supplements
- finding out if your supplements are best taken before meals or with meals
- ensuring you are taking effective doses of your supplements
- ensuring that there are no potential adverse interactions between your supplements and prescription drugs
- addressing the question of how long you need to be taking your different supplements for to achieve the desired result
- getting the most benefit for the cost of your supplements
What is required for your Vitamin Review?
You will be given a Vitamin Review Questionnaire to complete and return before your appointment.
The questionnaire asks you to complete a detailed list of the supplements you are taking. This will include
- Amino Acids
- Sports Nutrition
- Green Powders, Protein powders etc
For each one you will be asked to fill in the Brand, Supplement Name, Strength i.e. 500mg, how many you are taking and how often.
(Alternatively you can bring in all your supplements at the time or your appointment)
The questionnaire also asks you to list any prescription medication that you are taking, in detail with dosage and frequency together with any medically diagnosed health conditions.
Answering these questions ensures that your time can be maximised during your appointment and you receive accurate information and recommendations from us.
What will be discussed during your Vitamin Review?
If you have chosen to have us review your current supplement regime then it is likely that you have some concerns about whether what you are taking is right for you.
So along with the questionnaire we need to know why you have decided to undertake this review:
- Is there some concern you have about what you are currently taking?
- Do you want to find out if there are more effective alternatives?
- Are you looking to see if you are taking too much or whether there is a a better quality brand?
- Should you go on taking the same supplement indefinitely?
These things will be thoroughly discussed so that we can give you the best information to improve the effectiveness of your supplement choices, suggest alternative brands or dosages to give you the results you are looking for, or in some cases suggest you discontinue a supplement. We will also address any specific questions or concerns you may have.
We may suggest one or more supplements instead of the multiple ones you are currently taking. Making it a more cost effective way of meeting your needs.
We may suggest higher quality Practitioner only brands where appropriate, to give you better results.
And we may suggest you have a full Naturopathic consultation (at your discretion) if we feel it would give you greater benefits.
How can you make an appointment for your Vitamin Review?
There are 3 easy steps to arrange your In Person or Skype Appointment:
- Book Your Appointment – choose your preferred method:
- You can book online at MrVitaminsClinic.com.au and follow the appointment type “Skype” to see the options
- You can call 02 9412 3080 during normal business hours Monday to Friday and our receptionist team will help you make the right appointment
- Or you can complete an appointment request inquiry form (see below) and we will contact you. Please see below
- Pay for your appointment via the link that you will receive
- Follow any instructions in the email that your practitioner will send you
We look forward to seeing you for your Mr Vitamins Clinic Vitamin Review Appointment.
Mr Vitamins Clinic Vitamin Review are available with:
- Janne Ramsay – Naturopathy, Nutrition, Digest and Detox programs, supplement reviews (more info)
- Peter Radi
Appointment Request and Inquiry Form for Skype Consultations
(Note – you can also book direct – see above)