Naturopathy is a holistic approach to health and wellness. It aspires to stimulate the body’s innate healing ability. It aims to prevent disease before it manifests. Naturopathy uses lifestyle modifications, nutritional medicine and herbal medicine to achieve results. Naturopaths go above and beyond to help treat the underlying cause of conditions, not just the symptoms. Results are often seen in many aspects of the clients life. Not just their initial complaint. Naturopaths treat both acute and chronic conditions and is suitable for all ages.
Naturopaths practice by the following 6 principles. Do they resonate with you?
- The Healing Power of Nature – Trust in the body’s inherent wisdom to heal itself.
- Identify and Treat the Causes – Look beyond the symptoms to the underlying cause.
- First Do No Harm – Utilise the most natural, least invasive and least toxic therapies.
- Doctor as Teacher – Educate patients in the steps to achieving and maintaining health.
- Treat the Whole Person – View the body as an integrated whole.
- Prevention – Focus on overall health, wellness and disease prevention.
In a naturopathic consultation, you spend approximately 45 minutes- 1 hour explaining and discussing your health history and your health needs. This allows for a thorough understanding as well as an insight into what needs to be changed to prevent disease from developing. Treatment plan to be developed and actioned over a period of weeks or months.
Our naturopaths are all accredited with Advanced Diplomas and many have Bachelor’s degrees and beyond. Our naturopaths are also association registered, many offering rebates if you have a private health fund. Naturopaths work alongside your GP or other health professional to offer you the best care.