This easy Walnut Cake recipe is a quick and easy 5 ingredient dessert full of good nutritional. Walnuts are beneficial to heart and brain health due to their omega 3 and ALA content. Rich in antioxidants and essential minerals, walnuts are a nutritious inclusion in any diet. Minerals in walnuts include: manganese, copper, calcium, iron, magnesium, selenium, potassium, zinc.
- 350g 2die4 activated walnuts
- 5 organic eggs, separated
- 1 cup Power Super Foods organic coconut sugar
- ½ tsp Loving Earth vanilla bean powder
- Power Super Foods organic cacao gold powder, for serving
- Preheat your oven to 180 ͦ. Grease a 24cm spring form pan and line the base with baking paper.
- Ground the nuts until a fine powder.
- Beat egg yolks in a small bowl on their own until smooth.
- Slowly add the sugar, and beat until the mixture is thick and creamy.
- Fold in the grounded walnuts and the vanilla powder.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until firm peaks form.
- Fold in one third of the egg white mix into the walnut mix, and slowly add the remaining egg whites.
- Pour mixture into the prepared baking tin and cook for about 20 mins.
- Cool the cake completely in the oven, leaving the door slightly ajar.
- Just before serving dust the cake with cacao, and serve up with some whipped coconut cream or
Shopping List for Walnut Cake:
shop online now at Mr Vitamins online store, click links to add to cart