Enjoy Turmeric raw AND absorb the goodness. Here’s how…
In order to make the most out of taking turmeric in any form, it is more readily available to you with the presence of fat. In this recipe fat is in the form of coconut oil.
Ever heard that pepper increases the absorption also, well this is scientifically, true, but who’s responsible? it’s the major component of black pepper, Piperine. That’s right, adding pepper with curcumin enhances serum concentrations and extends the bioavailability! So get cracking!
- ½ cup turmeric powder
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp of ground black pepper
- ¼ cup of olive oil or coconut oil
- Place turmeric and water into pan on stovetop
- Stir until a thick paste forms – approx 5 min
- You can adjust thickness by adding more water or turmeric
- Add pepper and oil and keep stirring
- Allow to cool before placing in an air tight container, this will keep for a month at least in the fridge.
Sarah offers a holistic approach to you and your family’s health, wellbeing, mentally, physically and emotionally.
Nutrition, exercise, mind state, stress, illness, disease, bad habits and lifestyle are all addressed in a comprehensive session to provide you with an all-encompassing, integrated functional approach to YOUR health.
You will the leave the session feeling encouraged, educated, and confident to move forward on your health and wellness journey.