A refreshing salad loaded with antioxidant rich fennel and juicy vitamin C containing oranges and crunchy cucumber, perfect for a spring detox.
- 1 bulb of fennel
- ½ cucumber, sliced
- 1 orange, sliced into segments
- ½ an avocado, diced
- Chopped dill, to your liking
- 10 black olives, optional
- 1 tablespoon of Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of fresh orange juice, freshly squeezed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To begin, peel and segment one orange, squeezing out the juice of the remaining flesh and set aside.
- Whisk together 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed orange juice along with salt and pepper to taste and put aside.
- Wash your fennel and remove the green tops, saving some of the fennel fronds aside.
- Slice your fennel thinly and place in a bowl, along with sliced cucumber, orange segments and diced avocado.
- Drain and halve olives and place in bowl along with other salad ingredients.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and toss gently to combine, adding in chopped dill to your liking. Serve topped with fennel fronds.
Ashley is a qualified Nutritionist ( Bachelor of Health Science (Nut Med) passionate about home cooking and healing through wholefoods. Her special interests include disorders of the skin and children’s health, including fussy eaters!