Have some pumpkin left over from Halloween? Here is a delicious idea!
- ⅔ cup Honest to Goodness coconut flour
- ¼ tsp Chefs Choice Himalayan pink rock salt
- 3 tbsp Spiral Foods rice malt syrup
- ⅓ cup Loving Earth cold pressed coconut oil, in solid form (you may need to refrigerate in advance if it is runny)
- 1 ¼ cup Honest to Goodness organic cashews (soaked for at least 4 hours & drained)
- 2 cups baked, mashed & cooled organic pumpkin
- ½ cup Spiral Foods rice malt syrup
- ½ tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup Spiral Foods organic coconut cream
- 1 tsp Loving Earth vanilla bean powder
- 2 tsps Planet Organic organic cinnamon powder
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp ginger powder
- ½ cup Loving Earth cold pressed melted coconut oil
- 1 tbsp Green Life lecithin granules
- Preheat the oven to 180 ͦC.
- Grease a 22cm springform pan with coconut oil and line with baking paper.
- Combine the coconut flour, salt, rice malt syrup and coconut oil together in a bowl. Stir with a spoon for as long as you can.
- You will need to use your hands for the last final mix through and mix until you can make a large ball of dough. Make sure all ingredients are mixed well through.
- Press the mixture into the baking pan.
- Bake for about 10 mins. Keep an eye on the base while baking. It can quickly turn dark. You want to pull it out as it begins to turn a nice golden brown colour.
- Once baked, allow to cool completely (in baking tin) before you add the pumpkin layer.
- Blend the drained cashews, rice malt syrup, lemon juice and coconut cream until smooth. If you don’t want a completely smooth texture, don’t blend as well.
- Slowly add the pumpkin, spices and lecithin granules. Mix through well.
- Add the coconut oil till mixed through.
- Pour the mix over the cooled base and allow to sit in the freezer overnight.
- Pull out at least a few hours before serving up. You can leave it in the fridge once it has set.
- When serving sprinkle with a little extra cinnamon and nutmeg.
Honest to Goodness coconut flour
Chefs Choice Himalayan pink rock salt
Spiral Foods rice malt syrup
Loving Earth cold pressed coconut oil
Honest to Goodness organic cashews
Spiral Foods organic coconut cream
Loving Earth vanilla bean powder
Planet Organic organic cinnamon powder
Green Life lecithin granules