This Anti-Inflammatory popcorn recipe by Mr Vitamins Naturopath Lauren Booth hits the cravings for salty, crunchy snacks and also has anti-inflammatory properties!
- 2 handfuls organic popcorn kernels
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1tsp cumin
- 1 tsp sumac
- 1 tsp Celtic salt (finely ground)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Add coconut oil to a large saucepan with the hotplate turned to “high”. Wait for it to melt and add the 2 handfuls of popcorn kernels. Cover with a lid for about 1 minute.
- When you hear the very first kernel pop, quickly turn off the heat. Leave the pot covered to sit for 2-3 mins, allowing all of the popcorn kernels to warm through to a similar temperature.
- While you’re waiting, add all of the dried spices to a bowl, then add the olive oil and stir it all together.
- After a few minutes, you can turn the hot plate up to “high” once more and watch the popcorn go off (leave the lid on the pot when you do this!). After every kernel is popped, turn the heat off.
- Remove the lid of the pot and pour the spiced olive oil onto the popcorn. Put the lid back on the pot and shake the pot around, coating all of the popcorn in the spice mixture.
- Once coated, you can pour into a big bowl and satisfy those salty, crunchy cravings!
Connect with Lauren Booth
Facebook: Tolle Totum
CLICK HERE to Book a Naturopathic Consultation with Lauren