Have some vegan friends coming for BBQ or simply sick of the only option being Meat – vegan BBQing is easy, quick, nutritious and delicious. Here are Sarah’s top tips on Vegan BBQing:
3 Vegan BBQing Recipes
- Green, Red and yellow Capsicum strips
- Red and Brown Onion
- Salt & Pepper
- Chop the vegetables into strips for the BBQ
- Season with Salt and Pepper to Taste –you can add whatever spice you like – some of my ideas are Garlic, Lime Juice, Chilli, Oregano, Smoked Paprika, Cumin – the list goes on – get creative!
- Grill on BBQ until soft and brown – You can then use your favourite style of wrap to create a delicious fajita – sprinkle with sesame seeds and/or tahini/lime dressing – YUM!!!!
- Can add a lovely fresh salad on the top of Avo, Cucumber, Tomato and coriander !
- 1 can of organic black beans washed and drained – mashed up
- ½ cup of brown rice cooked, strained and cooled
- ½ red onion finely chopped
- Garlic cloves to taste finely chopped
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- Pinch of cumin
- Squirt of lime juice
- 1 chia egg
- To replace an egg, use 1 tablespoon of chia seeds mixed with 3 tablespoons of water and let the mixture sit for 15 to 20 minutes or you can prepare it the night before. Mix the chia
- seeds and water together in a small bowl and let it sit for 10 - 15 minutes until the mixture becomes gel.
- Mash all ingredients together into balls the size of your palm – then put on BBQ with a cooking oil of choice and squash into a patty – brown each side and enjoy on a Cooked Portobello mushroom as a base along with tahini dressing, tomato, cucumber and salad leaves – DELICIOUS!!!!
- You can add corn and greens to this also! Get creative!
- Lime juice
- Chilli flakes
- Half an Avocado and grill on the bbq till a little bit brown
- Add in a Mexican type salsa of using the remaining ingredients chopped and blended together.
- Even some warm black beans mushed in the middle would be divine!
Sarah offers a holistic approach to you and your family’s health, wellbeing, mentally, physically and emotionally. Nutrition, exercise, mind state, stress, illness, disease, bad habits and lifestyle are all addressed in a comprehensive session to provide you with an all-encompassing, integrated functional approach to YOUR health. You will the leave the session feeling encouraged, educated, and confident to move forward on your health and wellness journey.