This filling and delicious coleslaw recipe contains iron and folate rich dark leafy greens, essential for energy production while breastfeeding. It also contains galactagogues brown rice and sesame seeds which will keep you full and increase breast milk supply for breastfeeding. Serve this with a protein source such as grilled tofu or boiled eggs.
- 1 cup of red cabbage, washed and shredded
- 1 cup of white cabbage, washed and shredded
- 1 cup of English spinach, washed and shredded
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1 spring onion, sliced diagonally
- 1 cup of cooked and cooled brown rice
- ⅓ of a cup of toasted sesame seeds
- Protein source of choice- tempeh, tofu, boiled eggs
- 2 tbsp. of white miso paste
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- ⅓ cup of olive oil
- 3 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients and set aside in a bowl.
- Wash and dry all salad leaves (cabbage and spinach) shred, and place in a large bowl.
- Peel carrot, cut into julienne and place in bowl with shredded salad leaves.
- Add sliced spring onion, toasted sesame seeds and cooked and cooled brown rice.
- Drizzle in dressing as needed, and toss to serve.
- Serve with extra sesame seeds and your protein of choice.
Ashley Baker | Nutritionist
Ashley is a qualified Nutritionist ( Bachelor of Health Science (Nut Med) passionate about home cooking and healing through wholefoods. Her special interests include disorders of the skin and childrens health, including fussy eaters!