Staying healthy this winter is easy to do when you add Olive Leaf to your diet.
Olive leaf or Oleuropein is the perfect choice for boosting your immune system.
It has been used for centuries to fight bacteria, viruses and inflammation.
Symptoms of a compromised immune system
- Frequent colds or flu
- Infections or inflammation anywhere in/on the body
- Low energy
- Body aches and pains
- Yeast infections
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
Why is the immune system so important?
You can look at your immune system as the guard standing at the door protecting your entire bodies health. When functioning properly it fights free radicals that cause cellular damage that leads to disease, stops the bacteria or virus’ that create colds and flu, and it fights all types of infections. When your immune system is compromised your body get exposed to all types of organisms that can harm it. Keeping this system going strong will help you stay in top form.
What is olive leaf?
Olive leaf comes from the leaves of the olive tree. Olives and olive oil also contain small amounts of oleuropein, one of the active ingredients, but the leaf contains the most. Olive leaf has many health promoting polyphenols including oleuropein. It also has antioxidants, anti-fungal properties, phytonutrients and sterols, all essential to reducing inflammation and fighting disease.
How can olive leaf help boost your immune system?
Olive leaf inactivates viruses and makes them incapable of replication, which then stops their growth allowing the body time to fight and destroy them. Olive leaf also stimulates your body’s phagocytes. These cells are responsible for eating dangerous bacteria or other unfriendly organisms before they cause harm. Many studies have shown that olive leaf kills candida and e-coli bacteria making it a powerful health ally.
Another major factor in the fight to cure colds is antibiotic resistance in which bacteria become immune to common antibiotics. Using too many prescription antibiotics typically causes this. Olive leaf is a safe alternative that does not cause antibiotic resistance and can be used on a daily basis without harm.
Other easy ways to support your immune system
- Reduce stress. Take a few minutes whenever you feel stressed to focus on your breathing. Breathe in calm and breathe out stress. Stress depletes essential vitamins and minerals too.
- Wash your hands. Especially after being in public or use a non-antibiotic hand sanitizer. Keeping a bottle of this in your car helps defeat germs before they can spread.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables. These foods have beneficial amounts of vitamins, minerals and fiber that your body needs to keep it functioning.
- Reduce your intake of alcohol, processed foods, and sugar. These foods are hard for your body to process and they create a lot of ‘junk’ that your body has to work hard to get rid of.
- Exercise. Take a walk or try another low impact form of exercise such as yoga or tai chi.
Mr Vitamins recommends
Comvita Fresh-Picked Olive Leaf Extract
Grown, harvested and extracted fresh on Comvita’s farm in Queensland. The fresh leaf extraction system locks in Oleuropein plus at least 11 other naturally occurring polyphenols.
Adding olive leaf to your diet can do way more than boost your immune system just ‘Ask a naturopath’ for more information about olive leaf and the ways it can improve your health.