Discover Fermented Foods Class
A Hands-On Fermentation Workshop
with Karen Ball, Nutritionist and Whole Foods Enthusiast
Mr Vitamins Workshop Studio | 394 Victoria Ave Chatswood
Confused about your kefirs? Got your cultures in a mix? Can’t tell your kombucha from your kvass?
As knowledge of our microbiome increases, we understand the importance of our gut bacteria and how fermented foods play an important role in maintaining optimal digestive health.
Learn about fermented foods that are not only high in important nutrients and beneficial bacteria but also taste delicious. Learn the basic practices of different fermentation techniques from around the world.
Join Mr Vitamin’s nutritionist and whole food enthusiast Karen Ball, as she takes you through how to create and make simple and easy fermented foods that will have your digestion running like a well-oiled machine and your microbiome bursting with diversity!
Have you ever wanted to make your own sauerkraut? Culture your own coconut yoghurt? Create kombucha or kefir drinks? Or learn how to make fermented condiments? Then this is the class for you!
NEW Workshop dates:
|Friday 19th January 2018||2:00PM to 5:00PM||AU$120.00 – CLICK BELOW TO BOOK|
|Saturday 20th January 2018||9:30AM to 12:30PM||AU$120.00 – CLICK BELOW TO BOOK|
|Friday 16th February 2018||2:00PM to 5:00PM||AU$120.00 – CLICK BELOW TO BOOK|
|Saturday 17th February 2018||9:30AM to 12:30PM||AU$120.00 – CLICK BELOW TO BOOK|
Learn how you can enjoy the benefits of adding fermented foods into your everyday life for optimal gut health.
Join Karen for a 3 hour workshop of learning the basic techniques of fermentation, and tasting and making different fermented foods from around the world in a fun and relaxed small group environment.
In the Fermentation Class you will:
- Learn about the microbiome and the many benefits of adding fermented probiotic rich foods into your diet
- Understand wild vs. assisted fermentation techniques and where each are appropriate
- Learn simple and easy recipes – probiotic drinks, sauerkraut, coconut yoghurt and condiments
- Create fermented goodies to take home to your family & friends to enjoy later
- Understand how to adapt recipes to suit your own needs and preferences
- Taste delicious ferments from all over the world and be enthused!
This is a hands-on workshop!
You’ll be mixing and making some delightful superfood delights. You can lick your fingers to taste-test – and you can take home the yummy delights that you make.
Learn how you can enjoy the benefits of adding raw and superfoods into your everyday life.
“When I saw this class I enrolled straight away. I wasn’t aware fermented foods could be so tasty – I learned many benefits of adding fermented probiotic rich foods to our daily diet” ~ Willyn Suong
Karen’s classes are ideal for anyone interested in healthy living!
Discover Nutrition in a fun environment with Karen…
Karen Ball, Nutritionist and Raw Foods Enthusiast
“Fermented foods have long held a place in every traditional culture – from cheese and chocolate, to wine, kefirs and sauerkrauts. Come join me on a journey to learn about your microbiome and the important role that fermented foods play in maintaining harmony and optimal health of your digestion. ”
Karen is a degree qualified Nutritionist, having graduated from the Australasian College of Natural Therapies and Charles Sturt University in Australia, with further qualifications in Iridology.
“I love creating unique recipes and healthy meal plans… and I’m always keen to share how good nutrition can lead to vibrant health and boundless energy.”
Here’s what you get in your Fermentation workshop:
- A 3 hour hands on experience to learn the basic principles of simple fermented foods
- Full recipes and instructions to make easy to follow fermented foods
- Hands on experience – making, tasting and taking home a range of fermented foods – from probiotic drinks, to sauerkraut, coconut yoghurt and condiments
- A shopping list and resources for all you need to get you started on your fermented food journey
- Lucky door prizes of kombucha scoby and kefir grains
- Special offers from Karen available only on the day of workshop
- Classes are 2 ½ to 3 hours, and limited to 7 places for a full hands on experience
- Aprons are provided but be prepared to get hands on and messy!
“I have always been interested in raw foods,
so I wanted to discover more of what I could do.
The workshop experiences with Mr Vitamins have always been great –
and the Fermentation workshop with Karen was a lot of fun and very informative.
As a result of doing this class, I now I make my own fermented superfoods.
Karen’s classes would be great for anyone interested in health.” ~ Debbie Tomlin