While some heavy metals, such as iron, copper, zinc and manganese are required by the body in small doses, they can be detrimental to your health in excessive amounts.
Other heavy metals, such as mercury and lead, have no known benefits to human beings, and, even in small quantities, can be deemed dangerous to your health.
Here is part three of our 3-part report on reducing heavy metals and toxins in your body.
15. Switch to Natural Skincare and Personal Care Products – If you are still using commercial skincare and personal care products, chances are you are lathering layers of chemicals and toxins on your skin every single day.
Chemicals such as Sodium Laureth Sulfate and Parabens and heavy metals such as aluminium are now considered harmful. Over time, they accumulate in your body and this can lead to serious health risks. Switch to natural skincare and personal care products that are naturally and organically certified.
Mr Vitamins recommends Argital Natural Skincare – see below
16. Exercising and staying active are vital to keeping impurities out of the body. Even short bursts of exercise are shown to be important in maintaining a healthy circulation, and this is important in ensuring that organs, such as the kidneys and liver, which are essential to the detoxification process, are nourished.
17. Milk Thistle (Sylibum marianum), is a great support for the liver. Long considered effective with helping the body detoxify, this herbis now considered important in reducing the risk of certain cancers and helping to reduce diabetes and digestive disorders.
18. Eat your sea vegetables. Algin in seaweeds helps to absorb toxins form the digestive tract (in much the same way that water softener removes hardness from tap water) so they can be eliminated more easily. Seaweeds also offer the largest range of vital trace minerals that can help to clean the blood.
19. Consuming dandelion greens and roots can help to detoxify the body due to their high levels of antioxidants and also help to support liver decongestion.
20.Eating flaxseed and flaxseed oil to helps detoxify the body. This superfood is full of fibre and Omega 3s, both important substances for detoxification.
21.Add turmeric to your recipes. Turmeric is often touted as a powerful healer. Full of curcumin, turmeric is often used in Ayurvedic Medicine to treat liver and digestive disorders, and is considered a powerful detoxifyng agent.
Argital Natural Skincare
Find out more about Argital Natural Skincare here
Find out more about Argital’s Ventilated Active Green Drinking Clay here