Spring is officially here and after a long winter of indulging in warming comfort food, a spring clean detox might be exactly what your body needs to prepare for the summer months ahead.
The good news is that including the right ingredients in your diet, and avoiding some of the bad stuff, can go a long way to removing those toxins from your body and restoring it to optimal health.
The Dirt on Detoxing
We hear so much about how we should be cleansing our bodies, but what exactly does detoxing mean?
Detoxification is a process that occurs naturally and is crucial for neutralising and removing toxic substances from the body. The major organ involved in this process is the liver, which is essentially a complex filter. Approximately two litres of blood passes through the liver every minute to be cleared of toxins and waste compounds. The bowel, kidneys, skin and lymphatic circulation also play a part in the removal of unwanted or toxic substances. When this system is not functioning properly, toxins re-circulate and can accumulate in the body, which then becomes a constant drain on our health and vitality.
Why do we need to Detox?
In today’s world we are unwittingly exposed to ever-increasing amounts of toxins from food, water, cosmetics, household chemicals, even the air we breathe. Given this increased toxic load, our liver has to work overtime and could do with some support.
If you’re feeling constipated, bloated, constantly exhausted and/ or you’re experiencing skin problems, you may benefit from Garcinia Cambogia which is a multi-action weight management formula that is designed to help manage cravings and appetite, healthy metabolism and excess fat.
Green Tea extract helps with energy levels and supports a healthy metabolic rate. It supports stable blood sugar levels, appetite management and healthy fat metabolism..
Where to Start your Spring Clean Detox
Enhancing liver function through diet and lifestyle changes and kick starting the detoxification process with quality natural supplements, is a big step towards balancing out the negative effects of modern living。
To support detoxification, it’s important to lighten the load on the liver. Herbal extracts such as Milk Thistle and Dandelion, are ideal to add to your diet as they help support optimal liver function.
- Try starting your day off with lemon and hot water. If you can handle a bit of spice, cayenne pepper is great at giving your body’s detoxification systems, digestion, and metabolism a serious kick.
- Try to drink 2-3 litres of water every day.
- Switch your normal coffee for a herbal or green tea.
- Grind organic linseeds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds and pumpkin seeds together. This is a great mix for sprinkling into porridge and smoothies for esstential fatty acids, fibre and protein that help with digestive health and liver support. You can also buy a product called LSA (Linseed, Sunflower and Almond- available at Mr Vitamins) that is ready to sprinkle.
- Eat protein at each meal.
- Eat a variety of fresh fruit and vegetables.
- Use quality fats such as cold pressed flaxseed oil, olive oil, coconut oil, avocado oil, instead of animal fats and processed vegetables oils.
- Snack on raw nuts and seeds, rather than crisps and crackers.
- Avoid all alcohol during your detox. (Obvious but important). Alcohol is a toxin that your liver has to work hard to process.
- Stay away from coffee. Sorry, we know the idea of getting through the day without your morning coffee sounds impossible, but it’s not doing you any favours. Ingredients in coffee can interfere with your metabolism and liver, making it difficult to regulate the normal detoxification process.
- Avoid sugar and all refined, packaged foods.
- Avoid additives, preservatives, colourings and artificial sweeteners.
- Limit dairy products
- Try to stay away from excess grain products, particularly wheat and raw grains.
Think of a detox as a spring clean for your body. Whether you’re after shedding some pounds, more energy or better skin, a few simple lifestyle changes can help you feel your best before summer arrives!
Good Health Garcinia Cambogia 9000 Plus
Garcinia Cambogia extract contains 60% HCA (Hydroxycitric Acid). It works by encouraging your body to use fat as an energy source rather than storing it. It supports healthy serotonin levels in the brain which keeps you feeling good and less likely to succumb to cravings.
Find out more and shop online for Good Health Garcinia Cambogia 9000 Plus here