Getting Started with Cleansing for Spring
What to eliminate:
- All pre-packaged and processed foods and beverages
- All types of sugars
- All types of grains, even gluten free grains, as these can clog your digestion and interrupt repair to your system
- All dairy products especially conventional cheeses, milk and yogurt
- Coffee and other caffeinated products
What you will need to do:
- Drink warm water with fresh lemon every morning before breakfast. This will help stimulate your liver and kidneys and will alkalise your body.
- Include herbal teas daily.
- Drink ample amounts of pure water but do not drown your digestive fire, drink when thirsty and before and after exercising
- Try eating mainly raw foods. Get creative and make your plate look like a rainbow.
- Make bone broths and stocks and drink throughout the day to help restore and replenish (see chicken soup recipe)
- Keep protein to a minimum for the first 2-4 days
- You may keep exercising but keep intensity to a minimum, go for brisk walks or practice yoga.
Activities to help your Cleansing for Spring process:
- Sweating (i.e saunas)
- Relaxing techniques such as meditation, knitting and art
- Dry skin brushing this will help stimulate your lymphatic system
The 7 Day Cleansing for Spring Program
Check out some great cleansing recipes ideas too!
Days 1 & 2
- Upon waking start the day with gentle exercises, twist the body to “ wring out” the organs and do some stretching.
- Have warm water with lemon, you can add fresh mint to help with digestion and wake up your body.
- For breakfast have a green smoothie, include foods such as kale, cucumber and celery.
- Carry on the day as normal with raw foods only.
- Include salads, juices and smoothies.
- For dinner have salads.
Days 3 & 4
- Stretch your body to start the day.
- Warm water with lemon in the morning followed by a smoothie.
- Have salad through out the day; include foods such as rocket, sprouts and fennel.
- For dinner have green soup and bone broths.
- Drink plenty of water and tea.
Days 5 & 6
- Start off the day as normal by stretching. Have a glass of lemon and water followed by a green smoothie.
- You can now start to introduce proteins such a meat and fish.
- For lunch have green soup or bone broths.
- Dinner should include a form of whole protein and raw vegetables.
- Start the day as usual.
- Continue including as many plant based foods as possible.
- During the day drink plenty of bone broths.
- You can include pieces of meat or fish with salads.
There you have it! You’ll be amazed at how well you feel at the end of 7 days – you may feel so good that you will prefer to stick to this style of eating. However, do be aware that you need some carbohydrate in your diet, perhaps some basmati rice or quinoa. You will have got used to including more fresh vegetables daily so do continue with those and add fresh seasonal fruit too.