- Product Overview
Kava Calm provides a blend of Kava* and Passionflower, two calming herbs traditionally used to relax the mind and body, help alleviate mild anxiety and promote sound sleep.
Kava has a long history of use in Pacific Island cultures where Kava root beverages are consumed on social occasions and during ceremonies to help relax the mind and body, reduce mild anxiety and afterwards promote restful sleep. Kava acts by influencing the chemical messengers in the brain called neurotransmitters, specifically those that affect mood and sleep. The kavalactones naturally found in Kava, are recognised as the main active constituents responsible for this physiological effect.
Passionflower is valued in Western Herbal Medicine for its calming properties and ability to assist with nervous tension and anxiety. It is also traditionally regarded as having a mild sedative action and is used to help relieve restlessness and poor sleep. - See more at: http://www.naturessunshine.com.au/products/product-roots/kava-calm-139.html#sthash.dTFI8Kqc.dpuf
- Kava root has traditionally been used in the South Pacific Islands as a ceremonial and social beverage to help relax the mind and body and promote restful sleep.
- Clinical studies have indicated that 60-120mg of kavalactones per day may help alleviate mild anxiety and nervous tension.
- Kava may help relieve insomnia and promote sound sleep.
- Passionflower has a tradition of use in Western Herbal Medicine for its calming and sedative properties to assist with restlessness and poor sleep.
- Passionflower may help relieve symptoms of nervous restlessness and anxiety.
Adults: Take one to two tablets with food, once during the day or before bed, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
Herbal extracts equivalent to dry:
Piper methysticum (Kava kava) root
Std. to kavalactones (10%) 43mg 3g
Passiflora incarnata (Passionflower) herb flowering 1g
If symptoms persist, seek advice from a healthcare practitioner. Not recommended for use by children or during pregnancy and lactation. May harm the liver.Due to the relaxing effects of Kava Calm, it may slow reaction times, therefore caution is recommended when driving or operating heavy machinery.The herb Kava kava may interact with certain nervous system medications and alcohol, seek medical advice from your healthcare practitioner when appropriate.
Maximum Quantity Allowed per customer: