- Product Overview
Astragalus is a traditional Chinese herb commonly used to support the body's immune function following illness. It is now used increasingly by western herbalists to enhance immunity and as a "rejuvenating tonic".
Astragalus contains several beneficial compounds that have health-protecting benefits. These include saponins, sterols, isoflavones and polysaccharides, and they may help to minimize free radical damage to membranes. Astragalus promotes the production of stem cells in bone marrow and lymph tissue and encourages their development into active immune cells. It also enhances the body’s production of immunoglobulin and stimulates macrophages. Astragalus can help activate T cells and natural killer cells. It appears to help trigger immune cells from a “resting” state into heightened activity. Astragalus has also been used as a tonic to build stamina. Ancient Chinese texts record the use of astragalus for tonifying the spleen, blood and chi.
- Stimulates the immune system in a multitude of ways.
- Protects the heart against oxidative and free radical damage.
- Supports the immune and circulatory systems.
- A traditional Chinese herb useful for enhancing the body's immune function during convalescence following illness.
- Used in Traditional Chinese Medicine to help strengthen vitality.
Adults: Take three capsules with a meal three times daily.
Astragalus membranaceus (Astragalus) root powder 450mg
Astragalus is recommended during the recuperative stages rather than the acute phase of illness.
Maximum Quantity Allowed per customer: