- Product Overview
Folic Acid Complex provides a daily dose of 500mcg of folic acid which, if taken daily for at least one month before conception and during pregnancy, may reduce the risk of having a child with brain and spinal cord defects such as spina bifida.
- Preconception care
- Iodine for brain development
- Provides a daily dose of 500mcg of folic acid, which if taken daily for one month before conception and during pregnancy, may reduce the risk of having a child with brain and spinal cord defects such as spina bifida/neural tube defects and anencephaly.
- The active form of vitamin B12, co-methylcobalamin is more readily used by the body compared to other forms of vitamin B12, such as cyanocobalamin.
- Vitamin B12 is an important cofactor for folic acid function.
- Vitamin B12 is required for the synthesis of myelin, the protective sheath surrounding many nerves.
- Vitamin B12 helps maintain healthy cognitive function.
- Folic acid and vitamin B12 are essential for healthy cell growth, replication and division.
- Vitamin B6 may help relieve morning sickness in pregnant women.
- Vitamin B6 maintains healthy immune and red blood cell formation function.
- Iodine requirements are increased during pregnancy and lactation. Adequate iodine is essential for healthy brain, and proper skeletal and central nervous system development in fetuses and infants.
- Folic Acid Complex helps maintain a healthy cardiovascular system by maintaining healthy homocysteine levels in healthy individuals.
- Vitamins B12, B6 and folic Acid can assist in maintaining normal blood.
- Vitamins B6 and B12 are required for a healthy nervous system function.
- Vitamins B6 and B12 assist in the metabolism of carbohydrates, fats and proteins.
- The elderly, strict vegetarians and vegans are at increased risk of vitamin B12 deficiency.
Adults - Take 1 tablet daily with food, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner. Start taking 3 months prior to planning a pregnancy.
(Each tablet contains)
Folic acid 500mcg Iodine (as potassium iodide) 275mcg Pyridoxine hydrochloride 50mg equiv. Pyridoxine (vitamin B6) 41.1mg Cyanocobalamin (vitamin B12) 500mcg Does not contain added egg, milk, peanut, soy, tree nut or animal products, yeast, gluten, lactose, artificial colourings, flavourings or preservatives.
- Do not exceed the stated dose except on medical advice.
- If you have had a baby with a neural tube defect/spina bifida, seek specific medical advice.
- Vitamin supplements should not replace a balanced diet.
- If symptoms persist consult your healthcare practitioner.
Maximum Quantity Allowed per customer: