Withania (Withania somnifera), commonly known as Ashwagandha (winter cherry), is an important medicinal plant that has been used in Ayurvedic medicine for more than 3,000 years for a wide variety of conditions. It is most well-known for its restorative and rejuvenating benefits and often referred to as Indian ginseng. Traditionally, ashwagandha has been prescribed as a nerve tonic and adaptogen. Ashwaganda root extract has many bioactive compounds which exert antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and immunomodulatory actions within the body. Ashwagandha supplements are used in the prevention and treatment of many diseases, such as arthritis, impotence, amnesia, anxiety, cancer, neurodegenerative and cardiovascular diseases. For thousands of years Ashwaganda has been used in India for conditions such as failure to thrive in children, weakness and debility in old age, rheumatism, constipation, insomnia, nervous conditions, stress, joint inflammation. It is also known to help people strengthen their immune system after illness, chemotherapy, or surgery. It is a highly effective, evidence-based remedy for anxiety and stress.
Ashwaganda is available as a withania complex often combined with anti-stress or adaptogenic herbs, ashwaganda powder, ashwaganda tablets, ashwaganda capsules and as a liquid ashwaganda extract.
In Australia, most Naturopaths and Herbalists will refer to ashwaganda as withania somnifera. Withania will most commonly be used as the herb name on supplements and products.
- Bioceuticals Women's Essentials 240CWith this product, you earn 43 loyalty points.Out of stockBioCeuticals is a practitioner-only brand. Only patients who have completed a consultation with us may have access to purchase BioCeuticals products on this site. Formulated to support a busy lifestyle, Women's Essentials upgraded formula now provides activated B vitamins, vitamin K2 and more vitamin D3 alongside essential vitamins, minerals and herbs. View details
- Nature’s Own EQ Control 50TAU $21.95With this product, you earn 22 loyalty points.Natural alternative for mild anxiety. Helps alleviate common symptoms of anxiety and stress. Helps reduce and alleviate palpitations, irritability, fatigue, inability to concentrate, dry mouth, headaches and sleeplessness.* Exclusively contains clinically trialled Sensoril®, a Withania Somnifera extract, plus Magnesium, Vitamin B6 and Chamomile. View details
- Nature's Sunshine Withania 100CAU $28.95 As low as AU $28.65With this product, you earn 29 loyalty points.Withania, also called Ashwagandha, is an important herb with a long history of use in Ayurvedic medicine. It is an adaptogenic herb that has been used to assist vitality, endurance and stamina, particularly during debility, without being too stimulating to the body and the nervous system. View details
- Caruso's Menopause Relief 60TAU $23.66 As low as AU $23.65With this product, you earn 24 loyalty points.Every woman goes through menopause. It doesn't mean the end of good health and vitality, nor does it mean the end of your beauty or femininity. But it can be a very difficult time. The important thing is how you deal with the symptoms. Fortunately, there’s a herbal and nutritional menopause formula which has been specially formulated for women going through this part of their life. The natural health company, Caruso's Natural Health is passionate about helping people with their health. That's why they developed Menopause Relief for menopause. View details
- Herbs Of Gold Ginseng 4 Energy Gold 30TAU $16.95 As low as AU $15.98With this product, you earn 17 loyalty points.
- Herbs Of Gold Stress Ease Adrenal Support 60 TabletsAU $29.95 As low as AU $28.32With this product, you earn 30 loyalty points.
- Herbs Of Gold Anxiety Ease 60TAU $25.95 As low as AU $24.32With this product, you earn 26 loyalty points.
- Herbs Of Gold Ginseng 4 Energy Gold 60TAU $29.95 As low as AU $28.32With this product, you earn 30 loyalty points.