Sage (Salvia officinalis) is a member of the mint family, originating from the northern Mediterranean coast, where it was traditionally used for cooking. It is also known as common sage, garden sage, dalmatian sage and true sage.
Sage has been revered for centuries for its medicinal and culinary uses. The botanical name comes from the Latin word "salvere," meaning "to be saved."
Sage has an extensive history as a medicinal herb. It was used by the ancient Egyptians to improve fertility, and in the first century CE, Dioscorides, a Greek physician, pharmacologist and botanist, reported that sage can help stop wounds from bleeding, help disinfect sores and promote healing of ulcers.
Throughout the ages, herbalists have used sage for treating conditions, such inflammation of the mouth, throat or tongue, sprains, asthma and excessive sweating, heavy menstrual bleeding and flatulent dyspepsia. Today, it is being extensively studied for use in relieving Alzheimer’s disease symptoms, lowering cholesterol and blood glucose and alleviating menopausal symptoms
The health benefits of sage herb preparations are attributed to flavonoids, such as apigenin, luteolin and diosmetin, which are known for their antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
Available as a sage supplement in capsule or tablet form and as a dried herb for tea.
- Bioceuticals ArmaForce Throat Relief Oral Liquid 50MLWith this product, you earn 12 loyalty points.Out of stockBioCeuticals is a practitioner-only brand. Only patients who have completed a consultation with us may have access to purchase BioCeuticals products on this site. ArmaForce Throat Relief is a soothing herb and nutrient combination, featuring manuka honey, designed to relieve mild throat inflammation and soothe the mucuous membranes of mouth and throat. View details
- Herbs Of Gold Menopause Relief 60TAU $29.95 As low as AU $28.32With this product, you earn 30 loyalty points.
- Nature's Sunshine Sage 100CAU $24.95 As low as AU $24.65With this product, you earn 25 loyalty points.Sage is a member of the mint family and its name comes from the Latin 'salvare' which means 'to heal'. It was traditionally used for the relief of excessive perspiration which may be experienced during menopausal hot flushes and may be used as a gargle for throat irritations. View details
- Caruso's Bowel Clear 60TAU $34.95 As low as AU $34.65With this product, you earn 35 loyalty points.
- Caruso's Bowel Clear 30TAU $21.95 As low as AU $21.65With this product, you earn 22 loyalty points.