Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
Flordis Legalon for Liver Health (Milk Thistle) 60C
Legalon® (MZ 80) has been shown to help maintain healthy liver function.1-3 Legalon contains the patented extract of Silybum marianum (Milk thistle) that was developed by the German herbal medicine manufacturer Madaus in 1968. It is a benchmark product and the majority of published clinical research on silymarin has used Legalon.
- Flordis Ginsana for Energy (Ginseng) 60CRRP $41.95 $39.955%OFF RRP
- Flordis Muscle & Cell Replenishment 120TRRP $55.95 $45.9518%OFF RRP
- Flordis Femular Forte for Menopause 90TRRP $92.95 $73.9520%OFF RRP
- Flordis Gincosan 60CRRP $44.95 $37.9516%OFF RRP
- Flordis Remotiv for Stress Relief (St John's Wort) 60TRRP $44.95 $37.9516%OFF RRP
Legalon has been shown in clinical trials to support healthy liver function.
|Product Name||Flordis Legalon for Liver Health (Milk Thistle) 60C|
Clinical trials have demonstrated that Legalon supports liver health by:
- Inhibiting the activation of inflammatory cells4,6,7
- Inhibiting oxidative stress5
- Inhibiting the activation of hepatic stellate cells that cause fibrosis6,8
- Aids renewal of normal healthy liver cells5
Adults and adolescents 12 years and over: 1 capsule three times a day
Once the desired therapeutic outcome is achieved, the dose may be reduced to 1 capsule twice daily for maintenance.
Always read the label. Use only as directed. If symptoms persist, or the condition recurs, it is important to speak with a healthcare professional.
Legalon contains a specific extract of Silybum marianum (MZ 80) that has been used in numerous clinical trials and is the benchmark silymarin product worldwide.
Legalon capsules are produced using a patented process, resulting in a standardised product with excellent bioavailability.
Legalon is clinically proven, it is the exact product that has been used in numerous clinical trials. This is very important for natural medicines as there can be great variance between products, even if they appear to use the same active ingredients, due to the part of the plant that is used, as well as the growing, harvesting and production conditions & methods. The outcomes of clinical studies for natural medicines should therefore only apply to the exact product that has been tested. As a result, other products containing silymarin may not deliver the same results that Legalon has demonstrated in the research.
Legalon is generally very well tolerated and no serious side effects have been recorded. In rare cases, a mild laxative action has been observed after taking Legalon. It is important to speak with a healthcare professional if you are concerned about possible side effects.
There are no known interactions between Legalon and other medications.5 If you are concerned about taking Legalon with any prescription medications, it is important to speak with a healthcare professional.
Legalon capsules are well tolerated with no known drug interactions.4 Legalon has demonstrated positive results in a number of large-scale studies – including one involving over 2000 participants1 – with a very low incidence of side effects. Follow up safety data has shown that ongoing administration can be of continued benefit, following patients taking Legalon for up to six years.3
1. Albrecht M et al Z Klin Med (1992) 47 (2): 87-92. 2. Salmi H & Sarna S. Scand J Gastroenterology 1982; 17: 517-21. 3. Ferenci P et al J Hepatology 1989; 9: 105-13 4. Butorova L, et al. Exp Clin Gastroenterol. 2010;3:85-91 5. Saller R et al Drugs 2001; 61 (14): 2035-63 6. Dehmlow C et al Hepatology 1996; 23: 749-54 7. Trappoliere M, et al. Journal of Hepatology. 2009;50:1102–1111 8. Feher J, et al. Orvosi Hetilab. 1989;130:2723-2727. 9. Doehmer J, et al. Toxicology in Vitro. 2008; 22:610-617
Some of this research was conducted using funding provided by Rottapharm/Madaus, manufacturer of Legalon. - See more at: http://www.flordis.com.au/product/legalon#sthash.Pp58KSaa.dpuf