Flordis Ellura for Urinary Tract Health (Cranberry) 15C
Ellura is a natural medicine that helps to promote and maintain urinary tract health.
Is Ellura right for you?
Did you know that 50% of females, particularly those in their late 20s or over 55, will get recurring cystitis (recurrent inflammation of the bladder) in their lifetime?1
Symptoms of recurring cystitis:
- Frequent need to urinate, even when bladder is not full
- Pain or burning sensation on urination
- Urine that appears cloudy or discoloured
- Lower abdominal pain
- Urinary incontinence
If you are experiencing these symptoms of recurrent cystitis* and want to do something about it, Ellura may be an option for you. Ellura is a concentrated cranberry juice extract which is clinically researched to help maintain urinary tract health and to help reduce the frequency of recurrent cystitis.
*If pain or irritation persist for more than 48 hours consult your healthcare professional. The presence of blood in the urine warrants immediate medical attention.
Ellura contains a specific extract of cranberry (Vaccinium macrocarpon). Proanthocyanidins (PACs) have been identified as the likely active component in cranberries. These PACs support urinary tract health by helping to prevent ‘bad’ bacteria from sticking to the urinary tract wall, assisting your body to flush it out naturally.2
Each Ellura capsule delivers 36 mg* of bioactive PACs, which is the recommended daily dose to help reduce the frequency of recurrent cystitis. And it's the specific cranberry extract that is found in Ellura that has been tested in a number of clinical trials and research studies.2,3,5 So taking Ellura every few months can help maintain urinary tract health and may help to reduce the frequency of recurring cystitis.
- Adults and children 12 years and over: 1 capsule daily, or as directed by your health care professional
- Children under 12 years: Discuss dosage with your health care professional
- Ellura may be used during an episode of recurrent cystitis and should be taken as soon as possible to help flush the bacteria from the urinary tract. A packet of Ellura can be taken every few months or when you first feel vulnerable, to maintain urinary tract health. If pain or irritation persist for more than 48 hours consult your healthcare professional. The presence of blood in the urine warrants immediate medical attention.
Ellura capsules are easy to take.
Ellura is very well tolerated at the recommended dose, including in children and the elderly.
Ellura has no known drug interactions including those medicines commonly recommended for recurrent cystitis.
Ellura contains a specific extract of pure cranberry juice. The contents of each capsule is equivalent to the juice of 70g of fresh cranberry fruit, and is standardised to provide the recommended dose of 36mg* of bioactive proanthocyanidins (PACs) in each capsule. Due to this its PAC content, Ellura helps to stop bacterial (E. coli) adhesion in the urinary tract. The specific extract found in Ellura has been evaluated for its efficacy in a number of clinical trials. * confirmed by independent laboratories using the BL-DMAC quantitation method, the scientifically validated method for quantifying cranberry PAC4.
Is Ellura likely to have any side effects?
Ellura is very well tolerated. It is important to speak with your healthcare professional if you are concerned about possible side effects.
Is Ellura likely to interact with any medications?
There are no known interactions between Ellura capsules and other medicines; however caution is advised if you are taking anticoagulant medication. If you are concerned about possible interactions, it is important to discuss this with your healthcare professional.
Can Ellura be used in pregnancy and lactation?
There is no evidence for any concern when using Ellura in pregnancy and lactation. However, it is recommended to speak with your healthcare professional before starting Ellura if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Is Ellura suitable for children?
Before giving to children under the age of 12 years of age seek advice from a healthcare professional. For children over 12 years the dosage is 1 capsule a day with water.
Does Ellura contain any allergens?
- Ellura capsules contain a specific extract of cranberry juice powder. However, the gelatin capsules are derived from fish. If you have a known allergy to fish or fish products, it is not recommended to take Ellura, and it is important to speak with your healthcare professional before considering taking Ellura.
- Ellura has no added dairy, gluten, soy, wheat, yeast, corn, artificial flavours, colours or sweeteners.