Orange Cacao Mousse
"This recipe uses real, whole ingredients and only natural sweeteners, so you can feel good about what you are putting into your body. It’s one of my favourites because it shows you how delicious and easy to prepare vegan food can be!" - Sophie Marriott
- 1 1/2 cups Organic Raw Cashews (presoaked in water for 2+ hours)
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/3 cup Organic Cacao Powder
- 1/4 cup Organic Brown Rice Syrup
- 3 Organic Medjool Dates pitted
- 1/3 cup Organic Virgin Coconut Oil (melted)
- 2 tsp Agar Agar Powder
- 1 tsp Organic Vanilla Powder
- Pinch of fine Himalayan Rock Salt
- Drain and rinse the soaked cashews.
- Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until completely smooth (this can take a few minutes). Be sure to rest the blender in between if it is heating up.
- Pour the smooth mousse mixture into an airtight Tupperware container and chill in the fridge for 4+ hours.
- Use an ice-cream scoop to serve onto small plates and sprinkle with desired toppings.
Serving suggestion: Serve with orange zest, edible flowers or sprinkle with extra cacao powder.
Soaking time: 2 hours
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Chilling time: 4 hours