How can you find out about your genes?The role of DNA (genetic) testing is a complex and evolving science. 'Fitgenes' is an international provider of personalised health and wellbeing. Based on Nutrigenomics, the profile looks at the genes that are influenced by your nutrition, lifestyle and exercise choices. The Fitgenes Genetic Profile can only be offered by degree qualified professionals.
Who would benefit from Genetic Profiling?In an article Are you looking after your genetic health we discussed how epigenetics affects your health (the effect of food and lifestyle on your genetic health) and what you can do to support your DNA. Most people want to find out about their individual inherited genes, what they mean to them, and how to best nurture themselves and their genes for:
- Health and wellbeing
- Weight management
- Healthier aging
- Menopause balance and hormone regulation
- Healthy heart and understanding cardiovascular risk areas for cholesterol and blood pressure
- Increased energy and vitality
- Pain and inflammation
- What type of exercise works best
What genes are tested?
- The testing panel is grouped by primary physiological effects that they have on your body
- Cell defence
- Cardiovascular health (this included MTHFR)
- Fat metabolism and cholesterol regulation
- Vitamin D metabolism