Reduce stress to help conceptionNo matter where you are at on the path to pregnancy reducing stress and beginning a fertility meditation program can significantly reduce stress levels in order to assist you in conceiving.
How does stress affect fertility?
- ongoing stress temporarily shuts down reproductive processes
- stress can affect hormonal systems vital for reproductive health and implantation of embryos
- stress can reduce the amount of blood flow to reproductive organs resulting in less nutrients being sent to support normal processes
- lack of blood flow and nutrients can result in abnormal eggs and sperm that have lower chances of conception
What can I do to improve my chances of conception?
- pregnancy visualisation is a simple process where you spend 5 minutes every day visualising yourself pregnant and holding your baby in as much detail as you can imagine
- exercise to reduce stress and improve pelvic blood flow, even just 30 minutes of brisk walking every day is enough to reduce stress and improve oxygenation to reproductive organs
- begin a fertility meditation program, there are many wonderful programs which are tailored to specific fertility needs that assist in reducing stress and improve conception rates
- re assess your diet, low nutrient intake and high intake of caffeine can elevate stress levels and affect reproductive health. Choose a diet high in a variety of fruits, vegetables, healthy fats, protein and whole grains to optimally support stress levels and provide nutrients to support reproductive health
- Get the right nutritional support - it is important to ensure you are the right vitamins and supplements to balance a healthy diet. Ask a naturopath what's right for you.