Spring cleaningIt’s a good time to do a cleanse or detox. With so many lovely fruits and vegetables around you don’t need to feel deprived while you take on a lighter diet for a week or two. This is where Naturopathic advice can be very helpful so do take advantage of MrVitamins’ highly qualified staff and ‘ask a Naturopath’ in store for the best way for you to detox.
Juice it upIf you’re not ready to embark on a cleanse just yet, you can still get remarkable benefits from including raw vegetable juices and smoothies in your diet, providing you add the right ingredients. Vegetables and Berry fruits are best but these could also include nutrient dense superfoods, like
- Chia seeds
- Raw Cacao
- Goji berries
- Spirulina and Chlorella
- Bee Pollen granules (high in protein and vitamins)
- Raw Manuka honey (for natural sweetness and antibacterial properties)
Sweat it outSaunas are a great way to enhance your detox, in combination with a cleansing program or just by themselves. They can be a conventional sauna or for even greater benefit, try an infrared sauna.
The Birds and the BeesWell the bees mainly, since it is through them that we can get the most nutritional benefits. Include these natural bee supplements in your daily routine and notice the improvement in your energy and general health:
- Bee Pollen Containing a rich source of nutrients including all 8 Essential Amino Acids, over 12 Vitamins, 28 Minerals as well as essential fatty acids and enzymes, you can understand why those bees are so busy at this time of year. Building their hives and producing honey takes energy, and what better form than nature’s storehouse of pollen. They use the pollen to feed the entire colony and now you can use their pollen too.
- Royal Jelly The bees also produce Royal Jelly, exclusively to feed their Queen, who is the only bee in the hive to produce eggs and she does this at an alarming rate of over 2000 per day. No wonder she needs all those nutrients and energy that Royal Jelly provides. Once again this is something humans can use too and especially as it is a great hormone regulator and high in anti-oxidants - wonderful for your skin.
- Manuka Honey Who doesn’t love Honey? Again it’s great for your skin along with many other properties including its antibacterial benefits (don’t mix It with Yoghurt as it kills off the good bacteria and well as the bad).