Every woman wants the benefits of using clay masks:
- Green Marine Clay is rich in minerals and nutrients. As well as containing organic marine plant matter, green clay contains important trace elements such as silica, magnesium, calcium, iron. Silica is particularly beneficial to the skin as it is essential in building collagen and strengthening connective tissue such as skin, hair, nails and bone. When clay is applied to the skin, it encourages the absorption of these minerals, which, in turn, nourish and replenish the skin. Green marine clay also contains important micro-nutrients that help to nourish and feed the skin.
- One of the main properties of green marine clay is its ability to absorb waste, harmful toxins, oil and dirt from the skin, helping to keep the skin clean and clear. This is especially powerful for treating acne.
- Green clay renews skin cells and evens out skin tone, leaving it refreshed and luminous thanks to its life-giving forces
- Clay is a natural and gentle exfoliator, helping to clarify skin and remove dead skin cells. As these dead skin cells are removed, it leaves the skin better able to absorb the nutrients from your skincare.
- Clay masks help to refine pores
- Clay masks help to stimulate blood circulation. As the clay mask begins to dry, it helps to stimulate the circulation. Improved blood flow brings oxygen and nutrients to the skin, helping to keep it more youthful
Making your Facial Clay MaskYou will need
- 1-2 tablespoons for Green Marine Clay
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- 1 teaspoon Sweet Almond or Olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons of purified or filtered water
- Mix the honey into the water, add the oil and mix well, then gradually add the green marine clay continuing to stir well until the mixture is smooth and creamy. This is the base mask. You can thicken or thin it out by adding either more clay or water.
- Using a natural bristle brush or spatula apply the mask damp onto your skin. When you first apply the mask, this allows your skin to absorb the clay’s rich minerals.
- Leave on for 2-3 minutes until it is dry, but not cracked. As the mask dries, it helps to stimulate blood flow as the capillaries contract. Do not allow the mask to completely dry, flake or crack on your skin, as this will be too harsh and drying on your skin.
- Using a damp sponge or face cloth (soaked in warm water), remove the mask by patting it off gently. Do not pull the skin.