This delicious combination of Roast Winter Vegetables provides a rich source of nutrients.
Make your Winter veggies look and taste amazing!
Roast Winter Vegetables
- 250g Pumpkin cut into 2cm squares
- 1 large Sweet Potato cut into 1 cm thick rounds
- 2 medium Parsnips cut into ½ cm thick rounds
- 2 medium Carrots cut into ½ cm thick rounds
- 2 medium Potatoes cut into 2 cm squares
- 1 Red Onion cut into 8 chunks
- 2 cups Baby Spinach
- 20gm Pine Nuts
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons Garlic-infused Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- (a favourite for this recipe is a balsamic vinegar infused with pomegranate)
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Prepare vegetables and combine all but the spinach leaves in a large bowl. Using a little of the olive oil, pour over the vegetables and toss to coat.
- Place on the baking tray lined with baking paper, making sure that they are in a single layer.
- Roast for up to one hour or until golden. Turn occasionally to ensure even browning.
- Remove from oven and put in a serving bowl.
- Add spinach leaves and pine nuts and then balsamic dressing and toss well. Season with salt and pepper.
- To make the dressing, combine the olive oil and balsamic vinegar in a container with a tight lid and shake well to combine.