The Superfood DessertIt can be a whole new exploration to enjoy some delightful desserts that are guilt-free! That said... go easy on the Honey or Agave syrup. Even though they are natural sugars, they still mean more fructose that you consume - and the body can't tell the difference between where different sugars come from.
Mother’s Day Superfood Dessert: Berry and Banana Chia Seed Pudding
This delicious Superfood Dessert is bursting with sweet natural flavour and has all the benefits of superfoods, antioxidants, fibre, omega-3, protein, vitamins and minerals! It is also free of sugar, gluten and dairy!
- 1 cup chia seeds soaked in 2 cups of water for 30 minutes
- 1 cup natural and unflavoured yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons ground linseed or LSA (linseed, flaxseed and almond meal)
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 punnet of blueberries (or 1 cup of frozen blueberries)
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs
- 1 tablespoon acai berry powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave syrup
- In a blender mix chia seeds, yoghurt, linseeds, 2 bananas, half the blueberries, cacao nibs, acai berry powder, vanilla and honey or agave syrup until well combined. You may add more honey or agave syrup until desired.
- Spoon the pudding mixture into 4 glasses, bowls or jars and top with remaining banana, blueberries and cacao nibs.
You can get as creative as you like recipe with this recipe. Why not try using Mum’s favourite fruit? Whether it’s strawberries, raspberries, peaches or even mangoes. Any fruit is sure to delight.