Make your own Aromatic blendA simple but lovely way to moisturise and strengthen your skin to prevent stretch marks is with the following blend: Ingredients
- Jojoba - the most gentle of vegetable oils, safe to use where there are allergies and sensitivities. It helps to reduce inflammation also.
- Vitamin E – a great antioxidant for the skin, topical vitamin E 'before and after surgery improved surgical wound healing and improved cosmetic results '*
- Lavender essential oil – traditionally known to help with protecting and healing skin cells, great for scars and stretch marks.
- Patchouli essential oil – anti-inflammatory and tissue regenerative, this adds a lovely base note to the blend providing a soothing and grounding effect.
- In a 30ml base of jojoba and vitamin E, add 10 drops of Lavender and 5 drops of Patchouli.
- Use this oil twice daily over the areas prone to get stretch marks.
- In pregnancy, start applying from week one and continue throughout. Both Lavender and Patchouli are safe to use in pregnancy.